Chapter 25: Just a little more

"What do you mean I am not allowed to go out?" Miguel was confused. He was dressed up and ready for his part time work for the week end.

The bruises on his torso were extensive. He was unable to put ice on it immediately thus the blood seeped further into the surrounding tissue. His ribs were badly bruised but he pushed himself to get up and go to work for Saturday just so that he would earn something even if it was a small amount. He had been absent his two jobs yesterday. He couldn't bare to be absent today.

"I'm sorry. It's an order from the boss." Tony blocked the main door.

"He cannot just order me to stay here. I've got work to do. I have to earn a living." Miguel became livid when he knew who gave the orders.

Tony's cellphone rang. A few moments ago, he reported to his boss about his ward insisting to report to work. He answered the call and listened to instruction while keeping an eye on his distressed ward. Then extended his cellphone towards Miguel. "Boss wants to talk to you."

Miguel took the mobile device begrudgingly.

"Behave and listen to Tony." A deep voice came from the speaker.

Miguel quivered for a bit and then he recalled the reason why he had been mad. "You cannot do this to me, Mr. Kingsley. You said we should mind our own business. You are violating the contract."

"If you were so smart then you should also remember that part where you have to follow my orders." Henry said coolly.

"That's not fair! You get to work while I don't. Mr. Kingsley, I have to make a living." If he was not hurt, he would have stomped his foot on the ground.

"You will not go to work for six weeks." Henry scanned the document and turned to the next page.

"Six weeks?!" Miguel exclaimed.

"I'll make it longer the more you complain." Finding the proposal satisfactory, Henry placed his signature and handed the file to Andre.

"Six weeks? My employers won't accept that. You are going to get me fired. Please Mr. Kingsley, I will follow whatever you say, just don't interfere with my job." Miguel cried.

"Four weeks." Henry smirked. He was enjoying the boy's distressed voice. "Stay in the villa and wait for my orders. Don't worry about your work. Andre will take care of it. Don't make trouble for Tony."

"Mr. Kingsley! Mr. Kingsley, Sir." Miguel tried to plead again but the phone call was already dropped. He redialed the number but it was blocked.

What was he going to do in the villa for four weeks? Marcy will worry about him. The pupils will miss him. Ms. Glinda will become hot headed if no one will make her perfect blend of coffee for the afternoon break. The higher ups will think he was being lazy. It would not reflect well in his performance evaluation. He was being diligent in his work with hopes of getting a high appraisal but then the domineering man comes and destroys his good record. How could he ever accept this?!

Miguel handed the mobile device back to Tony.

Tony looked at his ward's sullen state. There was nothing he could do. He had orders to follow. "Sir, I'll lead you to your room to recuperate."

Tony stood behind him as he climbed the stairs. Miguel gritted his teeth whenever he took a step. "Tony..." He stopped midway.

Tony became alert. He was ready to carry his ward if he was unable to walk any further. But the words from his ward were different from what he expected.