Sorry and Thank You

"I'm sorry about the last time, with louis. I .. I didn't mean it. Really." Zayn knew he had hurt Maddie by saying those words. He didnt mean it really. It was just supposed to be a joke. Guess, hes not good at making jokes.

"Here you go." Maddie just returned the money, not acknowledging zayn's word. Zayn gave a glance at zaneyah to see her looking around the little shop. He took this as his cue to solve his brains out with Maddie.

"Hey, I'm genuinely sorry. I didn't meant to-"

"Does it even matter?" Maddie stopped his words in the middle. She knew as much as she wants to accept his apology, she wont let his beauty do its magic on her. He sure is a very handsome guy, and Maddie might sound selfish to expect a feisty guy like him, to be with her. But it is what it is.

"Anyways, I wanted to say thank you as well." This made maddie's head turn to him. She looked at him like he had some horns grown on his head.

"For what?"

"For making me realize what I was missing." He said pointing at the sweet little zaneyah who was almost busy drooling over the other sweets in the shop. Maddie realized that zaneyah was really happy ever since the day she talked to her. Is zayn the reason? She wondered.

"I actually never liked kids, it's not just zaneyah, it was just kids. They really.. annoy me? I mean, you seems to enjoy doing this. But I really dont enjoy kids much." Zayn had no idea what made him explain his side to her. But he carried on nevertheless.

"Zaneyah is a very good child. She is so good in arts, you must see her work someday. Being a fan of art, I felt connected to her. and that is how we basically got close. So to say that I dont love her, will be wrong, you know." Zayn said without missing a beat. Maddie just listened to his addictive accent, and observed the way his eyes shined while he looked at zaneyah with pure admiration.

Maddie wondered if he really changed or what?