5. Thanks Emma

Emily's P.O.V

The next day I went to the right Starbucks and ordered the usual for Louis from Tori and a mocha cookie crumble frappuccino for myself. While paying for my coffee I hear Tori mutter something under her breath on the lines of 'definitely not one of them girls'.

I look at my watch as I press the button for the 24th floor. Yes!! 2 minutes early. Now he won't have anything to complain about. When I reach the 24th floor, I exit the elevator and greet Sam, "Good Morning Sam, where were you yesterday when I was facing the wrath of our boss!" I say jokingly. She gave me a look of surprise, "Listen we can discuss these things only in the cafeteria, ok? Anyways I was busy, had to do some work but yeah I heard about him being a little upset about his coffee." I laughed at the phrase 'a little upset' but Sam continued, "But lucky for you, he was in a pleasant mood today." "Thanks Samantha" I said, taunting her a little bit. "Ugh... It's Sam!"

I went to the wooden door on the far right of the hallway and gently knock on it. After a few minutes I knock again when I didn't get a response the first time. This time I hear some shuffling inside and Louis opens the door in a very messy state. His tie is loose, a few buttons of his shirt undone and not to mention that he was not wearing his tuxedo jacket. He looks at me with confusion and I mirror his expression. Our little stare off is broken by a high pitched giggling sound from behind him. I look at Louis with disgust before handing him his precious coffee and then I leave. I didn't even turn around to give Sam a goodbye.

I basically power walk my way to my cubicle. How could he?! Like what happened to that boy who always wished for a stable relationship and wanted a wife? Why did he think using girls everyday was fine?? How could he do this to us? How could he do this to me?!? 

Wait... WHAT?! Why am I even thinking about it so much and how could I just assume that he doesn't have a real relationship with that girl. Minus points for me for not being a girl's girl. But anyways it's his life, he'll live it the way he wants to. I mean he doesn't even care if I exist. 

Ok that hurt. 

But nonetheless I go and sit down and take a sip of my coffee and start doing my work. "Will you get coffee everyday?" Harry asked. I nodded in response and Harry continued, "Well, will you get me one too?" He asked giving me his puppy dog eyes.

"Everyday?" I asked, not sure if I wanted to do that.

"Yes?"

"Alright fine, but you'll have to pay for it. Now stop giving me that look!" I gave in as I saw his irresistible eyes.

"Thank you! You're da best!!" He said squealing.

"Yeah yeah I know. Hey, what's in the box?" I asked as I saw a pretty large box sitting at the foot of his chair. "Ohh nothing, just some supplies...." He answered quickly, moving the box closer to him by using his feet. I left the topic at that and started doing my work. When I was halfway done I heard the room go suspiciously silent and then a few hushed words were passed from here to there. I looked at Harry and he just shrugged. 

That's when I saw what all this was about. A man with brown hair and blue eyes, commonly referred to as boss, was walking towards my cubicle with a big stack of files and paperwork. He approached me with a smile, put the stack on my desk with a thump and said, "Will you shred these for me love? Alright, thanks Emma." And then he started walking away and then turned around and said, "And these too, remember to take out the staples....individually" as he motioned two guys with 3 boxes each towards my desk. 

I just sat there dumb founded and so did everyone else, but our reasons were different. How did he just casually come in and told me to shred some papers after what I saw in the morning?! So, he wants to pretend that I don't exist but he doesn't want to pretend that I don't exist?!And why the hell did he just call me Emma?! He knows very well what my name is! What is this madness?! 

As I was busy thinking about what just happened, I didn't notice Harry until he spoke up, "So.... what was that all about?". "I honestly have no Idea but looks like i'm gonna be here all night" I replied while looking at the boxes of papers. "I'm definitely missing something here...." "Let's just go back to work" I said wanting to not talk about anything even though my mind won't shut up about it. 

After successfully finishing two boxes of paper shredding, Harry and I went to the cafeteria and as soon as we entered all eyes were on me. Some jealous, some just simply surprised, but I ignored them and went ahead to get some food. After our lunch break I saw Harry smuggle a boiled egg and a piece of bread back to our cubicle. He kept them both inside the box and then out of curiosity I straight out asked him, "Harry what's in the box?". "Uhh nothing, like I told you some supplies.." he answered nervously.

"Oh really.... So you don't mind if I look at these 'supplies' right. I mean come on they're just 'supplies' right??" I said while doing air quotes.

"Alright fine, I'll tell you but you can't tell anyone else alright?" He asked and I nodded. "Fine, you see my flat mate had to go look for a job today and no one was home so I had to bring her with me...." He explained opening the box a little so I could see what's inside. There I saw a very cute black and white cat eating the boiled egg Harry got her.

 There I saw a very cute black and white cat eating the boiled egg Harry got her

"Aww she's soo cute!" I said while playing with her silently. "Her name is Dusty." He said with a smile. He told me more about her and how her favorite food was boiled fish.

The rest of our day was spent working and people getting annoyed by the constant noise of my shredder but hey at least there weren't many stapled papers so I was able to finish the shredding.

While going back to our apartments Harry and I made small talk with Alex and then took Dusty to the park and watched her roam around for a while.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Hello!!

This was kind of a filler chapter, but I enjoyed it.....

Thank you for reading!!!

~T.S :)