Chapter 7

Idris' POV:
I squinted my eyes, trying to block out the sunlight. Curse these blasted windows! I should have shut them last night. I groaned and placed my pillow over my head, trying to fall asleep again. It was no use, though.

Thank you, Mr Sun for rudely interrupting my peace.

I hadn't left my room since I stepped into it yesterday. I didn't feel the need to. I still don't, but I have to get up. All that fitful sleeping made my body stiff.

I reluctantly lifted my head from my pillow and stretched. As I removed the covers, I heard a knock on my door.

"Who is it?" I called out. The door opened and Mom came in with a tray of food.

"Good morning, mom." I mumbled. She placed the tray on my study desk and stood by it.

"How was your night?" She asked. I shrugged. She looked at me for a moment before walking over and sitting beside me.

"Idris, I'm sorry I didn't speak to you or your brother about your father. I should have spoken to you two first. I just thought it was the best thing to do under the circumstances." She said. I didn't know what to say; I just stared at my hands. She put her arm on my shoulder and I looked at her.

"Mom....." I held her hands. "I'm sorry I spoke to you like that yesterday. I was just confused. Will you forgive me?" I said. She smiled and caressed my face with her hand.

"Of course. I can't be mad at my baby" she said, smiling. I hugged her and took in her scent. I pulled away and held her by her shoulders, putting on a serious face.

"I'm not a baby anymore, mom. I'm 17." I said, a smile tugging at my lips. She laughed and waved her hand, as if to dismiss me. I grinned at her, pure adoration in my eyes.

"You're beautiful when you smile, Mom. Please never stop smiling and laughing." I said. She smiled at me and looked down at her hands. I raised my eyebrows.

"Mom? Is everything okay?" I asked, concerned. She snapped her head back up.

"Yeah, of course. Everything's perfect. Just great. Peachy." She said a little too fast. I shook my head and took her hands in mine.

"Go on, tell me already." I prodded, giving her hands a reassuring squeeze. She sighed.

"Your dad isn't coming anymore." she said. I looked at her.

"Ookayyyy....... What else is new?" I said. She stared me down and I raised my hands in defense.

"I just thought you should know." She said.

"When did he tell you?" I asked hesitatingly.

"Yesterday, after I told him about your tantrum. He thinks its probably too early for him to come over. He doesn't want to blow up our lives, at least that's what he said."

I nodded. I really didn't know how to feel about this news. I'd rather be indifferent, to be honest. I wasn't too keen on seeing him anyway, but it kinda feels weird that he put off his trip because of me. Should it be though?

Mom's hand on my shoulder brought me out of my thoughts.
"I have to go to work. Please eat your breakfast." She said. I jerked my head back, clearly surprised.

"On Sunday?" I asked. She chuckled.

"I know, I know. Its just for a few hours, I'll be back soon."

"Okay momma." I said as she stood up and walked to the door.

"Eat your breakfast." She said, gesturing to the tray.

"Yes, mom. Be safe. Love you!" I said as she walked out the door.

"Love you too sweetie." she said over her shoulder as she shut the door. I smiled and stood up. I grabbed my phone and connected it to my speaker. I put my workout playlist on shuffle and started doing press ups.

7 songs later, I stood up and wiped the sweat from my forehead. I ate some of my eggs, moving my body slightly to the music. Before long, I was full-on dancing.

Shocker: I love to dance. I don't know why, but I can't help but move my body to good music. Its a secret though.

I break danced, moon walked(more like tried to) and did some salsa moves. Black Eyed Peas, yo.

In the middle of my 'performance', I heard a low chuckle.

"You know, I'm so jealous of you." Ahmed said, leaning on my doorframe, a smirk on his face. I raised an eyebrow as I paused the music.

"Uh.... Why, if I may ask?" I said walking over to my study desk to pop a slice of bread in my mouth.

"You got everything, you know. The looks, the brains, the moves..... You're younger than me for chrissakes." He said as he walked over to my bed and lay on it. I threw my head back and laughed.

"Yeah, right." I said, shaking my head. "Everything except a dad." Ahmed glared at me.

"Don't, even bring that up. You know how I feel about that issue." He said. I rolled my eyes.

"He's not coming anymore" I tell him, focusing on my bread and eggs. He snorted.

"What, he's too scared to own up to his mistakes? He's always been a wimp, and he won't stop being one." He said, chuckling.

"I think he's not ready to face us, cause he said something like not wanting to blow up our lives or whatever." I said, my mouth full. Mom would have chided me for that if she was here.

"Why would him coming back blow up my life? I don't give a damn about him anyway." Ahmed said, his face looking bored. I didn't answer.

After a few seconds, he spoke up.
"What do you wanna do today?" He asked, looking at me. I scrunched my eyebrows, thinking.

"I'd probably just binge watch GOT, sleep and practice my guitar. Why?" I asked.

"I was thinking we could go out for a drive and maybe pick up some pizza on the way." He said. "You're driving, though." I shrugged.

"Fine by me, but you have to call Mom. She might be back early from work."

"On it." He said, pulling out his phone and dialing Mom's number. He stood up, pressing the phone to his ear as he walked out.

"Oh yeah, please take a shower, Idris. You stink." He threw over his shoulder. I glared at the back of his head as he shut the door. Asshole.

~*~
A/N: How was it?? Its kinda hard writing in Idris' POV cause I'm a girl and I don't want it to sound girly(considering the fact that I don't really know how guys think). Anyway, let me know what you think in the comments. If you're enjoying the story, vote and recommend to others. It would mean the world to me. Love you guys💜💜

P.S The song in this chapter is RITMO by Black Eyed Peas x J. Balvin