Chapter 14

Mirabelle's POV:

It was lunch time, and I already felt exhausted. I had a French test slated Thursday and a mountain load of homework.

Talk about a long day.

Tiwa, Mariam and I came out of our Math class together and walked to the cafeteria.

"It looks like someone was pretty cozy with Deolu." Mariam said, wiggling her eyebrows suggestively. I chuckled and rolled my eyes.

"Come on, he was just being nice." I said. Tiwa scoffed.

"Deolu is anything but that. He's a huge flirt and a player. You do not want to get mixed up with him." She said.

"And who says I want to get mixed up? I just see him as a really nice guy. That's all." I replied, shrugging.

"That better be all." She muttered.

We walked into the cafeteria and picked a table at the far end of the room, beside a large window. I brought lunch from home while Mariam and Tiwa went to get their school lunch. I whipped out my phone from my bag. I hadn't used it all day, because I wasn't used to having my phone with me in school. Times change.

I quickly typed a reply to Jenny when I saw her message. I knew she wouldn't reply immediately though, cause she was also in school and Greenleaf and St. Agnes were two different worlds. I was just putting my phone away when Tiwa and Mariam came back.

"So, how was your first half day?" Tiwa asked.

"Exhausting. I never knew you guys did weekly tests. Don't even get me started on the assignments I have." I said. They smiled and shook their heads.

"The weekly tests are to keep us on our toes and heads buried in our books all the time. You know, to prepare us for our final exams." Mariam said. I sighed and placed my palm under my chin.

"No one said this place would be easy, but relax. I'm sure you'll do just fine." Tiwa smiled reassuringly at me. I smiled back and looked around the cafeteria. Well, as far as my line of vision could go.

"That's weird. I haven't seen my brother since assembly." I muttered.

"He's with the guys. They're on their way." Tiwa said.

"What guys?" I asked, confused. My question was answered when 4 boys, including my brother, walked into the cafeteria. I remembered Kola, Ike and..... Idris.

God, I almost forgot he was in this school.

Michael spotted us and walked over, the other boys trailing behind.

"Sup, sis." Michael said as he sat beside Tiwa. Idris slipped into the chair opposite me.

"Hey. How were your classes?" I asked. He let out a huge puff of air.

"Awful. The timetable is sick. Who puts Physics and Biology as first and second period on Monday?? I have a Bio and Chem test on Friday, and piles of homework." He said.

"Same. I heard it gets worse as exams get closer." I replied.

"You going to have to roll with the flow, cause keeping up with school work makes things a little easier." Ike said.

"Well said." Idris muttered. Kola gave him a look.

"You don't even have a problem with keeping up. You're always ahead of us somehow." He said.

"And he has never failed a test." Tiwa replied. He just chuckled and shook his head.

"Guys, guys, its not rocket science. I just try to stay afloat and not let the work drown me. I also put extra credit into it, so I don't have a problem catching up." He said.