Chapter 12

Mirabelle's POV:

I sat down in the principal's office, feeling extremely nervous. We had to come really early today so we could get our uniforms in the right size and our books too, so we had no problems settling in. I wrung my hands in my lap and glanced at Michael. He just sat there with a blank look on his face. I guess I'm the only one feeling nervous.

The principal walked in, which made me jump a little. She looks pretty strict and seemed like she was going to snap anytime. Even the way she smiled at me now did nothing to ease the tension I was feeling.

"Sorry to keep you waiting. You can come with me now." She said. Michael and I stood up and followed her out the door as she spoke.

"You will get your uniforms, books, timetables and locker combinations today so you can fit right in." She said as we walked out of her office. She suddenly stopped in her tracks and I almost walked into her. Almost, because Michael pulled me back and gave me a 'slow down' look.

"Welcome back, boys! I hope you had a productive summer vacation?" She suddenly said. I guess she was talking to some of the regular students.

"We did, good morning ma'am." I heard a smooth, masculine voice that made my ears tingle. Wait, that voice, I've heard it somewhere.......

Mrs Aboderin moved away to reveal three boys standing at the other side of the room. Three really cute boys, if I may add.

Ugh, I'm starting to sound like Jennifer. Cue mental face palm.

The one who caught my eye was the one in the middle. He was the tallest among the three. Hold on, I know this guy! Isn't he the one I ran into somewhere around the park? What's his name again?

I looked at him. He seemed surprised, he had this stunned look on his face. I won't lie, I was surprised too. Really, I wasn't expecting to ever meet him again. Yet here we are, in the same school.

Mrs Aboderin cleared her throat loudly. He blinked, and regained his composure. He walked over to us and stretched out his hand.

"Hi, I'm Idris." He said, flashing a smile.

Idris. That's it.

I took his hand and shook it warmly, smiling at him. I studied his face as he shook Michael's hand and tried to make small talk with him. He had light brown eyes, with little golden flecks in them that twinkled when he smiled. He had straight, pearly white teeth that gave him a great smile. He had tanned skin and curly hair that looked like it would be soft to to the touch. Damn. I'm probably drooling right now. I quickly touched the side of my mouth to check for any drool.

Nope, there's none.

"Meet my friends, Kola and Ike. We're all classmates." He said, pointing at the other two boys.

"I'm Ike, in case you weren't sure who is who. He's Kola." The boy on the left said cheekily. I smiled at them and gave a little wave. The other one gave me a closed mouth smile.

"All right, let's get your stuff quickly so you can join the assembly and go to class. Follow me, please." Mrs Aboderin said. I gave Idris a small smile as I walked out of the door. He smiled and gave me one of those boyish nods.

Cute.

Mirabelle, focus!

We went to a huge store where we checked out our uniforms. I tried on a few before I got my perfect fit. Michael looked pretty nice in his uniform. I couldn't help but admire him.

"Whoa, sis. You look good. Although I feel the skirt should have been longer." He said, looking at me approvingly. I rolled my eyes at that last comment.