Chapter 34

Chase

Something was wrong with her. I could feel it. She said she was ok, but I knew she wasn't. Something was wrong. The worst part of it was she wouldn't tell me. It killed me.

I went out to the beach for a run. I checked on her before leaving and she was asleep.

I got home and went into the shower.  Once I was out I wrapped a towel around my waist and walked into my room. I saw Abigail sitting on my bed staring at me.

"Well don't I have a nice view" she said laughing. I loved this flirty side of her. We've come a long way in our relationship. I loved her, god damn I loved her so much it hurt.

She got up for the bed and walked up to me with a smirk on her face. She put her arms around my neck.

I knew where this was going, I was just scared to hurt her. She looked so weak, so fragile. "Abigail" I protested.

She put her index finger on my lips "shhh" she said and then she removed her finger and kissed me.

I kissed her back and pulled her towards me. I wasn't going to take it even further tho. I didn't want to hurt her, however a good make out session never hurt anybody.

Her hand roamed my back. She could tell I was holding back. She knew me so well. She broke the kiss and said "Chase please, I need you. Make love to me" she said. That definitely thru me over the edge. All the free will I had was gone. I wanted her. Needed her. I picked her up and put her gently on the bed. We spent the entire day making love.

The next day I woke up and went for my morning run. Then I hit the gym. As I was walking out of the gym I saw someone waiting for my at my car.

Tiffany.

"What the hell are you doing here. Leave!" I said yelling at her.

"I would be a little nicer if you you knew why I was here." She said.

"I don't want to hear anything from you" I told her and walked towards the door of my car.

I was getting in my car when she said "are you sure? it has to do with your little girlfriend and a donor." I immediately got out of the car and walked towards her.

"I'm listening" I told her.

"There's a dinner across the street. Let's talk there" she said gesturing towards the diner. I nodded and we walked in.

We sat in a booth facing each other. "Ok we're here. So talk" I said.

"Hmm where should I start. Oh I know, let's start with the part where your girlfriend is dying. That's a good place to start." She said looking a me with a smile on her face.

That thru me over the roof "shut the hell up. She isn't dying!" I yelled at her as I hit the table with my fist. I'm pretty sure everyone was staring at us now.

"Calm down your scaring everyone here. Now before you yell at me, ask the doctor, he told her she only has a few months to live." She said.

"How the hell would you know?" I asked her.

"Well you do know my dad is a politician and being a politician daughter has its perks. She just found out a few days ago. Don't tell me she didn't tell you." She feigned innocence.

Abigail did go to the doctor a few days ago. She said everything was fine. Could this be true. My head my spinning with all kinds of questions.

"Which brings me to the second part" she said cutting off my train of thought. "Like I said before being a politicians daughter does have its perks and let me tell you, you're really going to like what I have to tell you." She said smiling at me.

"Spit it out" I said grinding my teeth.

"I found a donor for your little Abby" she said. What? She what?

"How?" I asked astonished.

"Money of course." She said smiling at me.

She found a donor. For Abigail. My heart started racing. Abigail was going to be ok.

Then I remembered who I was talking to. "How do I know it's true?    What do you want in exchange?" I asked her.

"You can ask her doctor, that's an easy one and well as for what I want, it's really simple. I want you." She stated.

Was this women crazy or what? No, she was definitely crazy. "You want me how exactly?" I asked her.

"I want you to marry me. It's simple really. Marry me and Abby lives or don't and we'll your little Abigail will die" she said giving me an evil smile. "The choice is yours. Call me when you made up your mind." She said as she walked out of the diner.

Could all this really be true? Just then I received a phone call from Ashley. Before I could answer she cut me off. "Chase, Abby lost consciousness. We're on our way to memorial hospital. I already called her doctor. Meet us there."

"I'm on my way" I said. I ran out of the dinner and headed towards the hospital.

I ran to the reception and asked for Abigail. They directed me to the 5th floor. There I saw my parents and Ashley.

"How is she?" I asked them.

"We don't know. They haven't told us anything" Ashley said crying.

We were in the waiting room when her doctor came out. "How is she?" I asked him.

"She's stable for now. We had to give her a few transfusions and some medication, but we don't know how she'll respond. Well have to wait and see" he told us as he started walking away.

"Doctor a word" I said heading away from my family. "Tell me doctor is it  true? Is she really dying?" I asked him.

He sighed "Yes son. She stopped responding to treatment. She needs a transplant soon."

"Doctor is it true someone got tested today and it's a match?" I asked him.

"I didn't see anything in her chart. Someone told you they got tested today? Maybe that's why it isn't in there. Let me check the system and I'll be right out" the doctor said as he walked away.

He walked out 10 min later. "What you said is correct. Someone did get tested today and it's a match but they requested it to be anonymous. There was a note in the file that said that the family will know who to reach out to if they wanted the transplant" the doctor said. "I really do hope the donor is willing. Her life depends on it" the doctor said.

"She'll get there transplant doc." I told him. He nodded and walked away.

I pulled out my phone and dialed Tiffany's number "what are you're terms?" I asked her.