-09- 🌙 Wasting My Time

"You walked into the room and cut the atmosphere like a knife. Sobering mind 'cause up to now, I've just been wasting my time."
~James Arthur, 'From Me To You I Hate Everybody'

~~~

*Tin's POV*

Growing up part-witch in a pack full of werewolves, I've never learned how to control my magic.

My temper? Somewhat. Wolves are prone to tantrums so they're well-versed in dealing with an angry pup. Well, not exactly an angry pup that also has magic.

Whenever my emotions would get out of hand, I would lose control of my magic. My parents have tried to help me the best they can, but without another witch to guide me, it's futile.

I try to keep most of my emotions bottled up now. It seems to help a bit; my magic can't get out of hand if my emotions are buried. Occasionally, I'll slip and my magic will run wild. Like that day in the locker room. I couldn't keep everything buried and ended up lashing out. But what else am I supposed to do? I don't have anyone to teach me how to control my abilities. Sure, there are other witches at my school, but I would die before asking any of them for help.

Waking up on the morning of my birthday, the veins in my head pulse painfully. I can feel my wolf coming to life, presenting me with new power. Power that battles with the one I already possess. I gasp for breath; my body convulsing as my witch and wolf sides battle for dominance.

I don't even realize that I'm screaming until my dads come rushing in, their eyes wide with alarm. Their voices are panicked, but I can hardly hear them over my own shouting. Hands grab at me, trying to pin my convulsing body down to the bed. The bed frame begins to shake; pictures falling off the walls as I start to unravel.

"Tin!" My dad shouts, trying to get my attention. "You need to calm down! Your magic is out of control!"

"It's too much," I gasp for breath, feeling my newly awakened wolf wrestling with my witch side.

"Tin," my father steps in, his voice more stern and calm than my dad's. I suppose as the Beta, he's used to being calm in stressful situations. "Close your eyes and listen to my voice. Can you do that?"

Nodding shakily, I close my eyes and try to focus on the sound of my father's instructions.

"Good. Now, focus on reigning in your magic."

"I-It's too much, I can't—"

"You can," he softly reassures, gripping my hand for support. "You can do it, son. Take deep breaths and focus. Reign it all back in."

Slowly inhaling and exhaling, I focus on slowing my heart rate down. Once the pounding in my chest lessens, I shift my attention to the magic that's spiraling out of control. I imagine that my lungs are a vacuum, sucking up all of my magic and holding it inside of me. The room ceases shaking, and I release a heavy breath.

"Well done," father praises, brushing my light brown hair back. Sweat coats my forehead, which my dad begins to dab at lightly with a wet rag.

"What is happening to me?" I whisper, keeping my eyes squeezed shut.

"You're eighteen now," father answers calmly. "Your wolf is coming to life. It might be overwhelming, especially with the magic you already possess. We can work on controlling it so that it's easier for you to handle."

"How?" I demand, opening my eyes solely so I can glare at him. "How am I supposed to work on controlling my magic, when no one else here has a single clue what I'm going through? You can't expect a pack of wolves to train a witch."