-10- 🌙 Strange Addiction

"Bad, bad news, one of us is gonna lose. I'm the powder, you're the fuse. Just add some friction. You are my strange addiction."
~Billie Eilish, 'My Strange Addiction'

~~~

*Can's POV*

What the fuck just happened?

From my place on the floor, I look up at Tin with my jaw dropped and cheeks flushed. Tin just... kissed me! And I let him!

Everyone's eyes are locked on us, snapping me out of my daze as I scramble to my feet. Tin looks just as surprised and embarrassed as I do, causing an adorable blush to spread across his face.

Wait, adorable?

"Uhh... Can?" Ae says awkwardly, breaking the silence. Gritting my teeth, I turn my glare to Tin.

"Come with me," I growl, grabbing his wrist and pulling him up to my room. He follows behind me without argument, which is unnervingly out of character for him.

As soon as my bedroom door is shut, Tin yanks his arm of out my grasp. "Don't touch me," he snarls.

I scoff. "You don't want me to touch you? I'm not the one who kissed you just a few minutes ago!"

"It wasn't me," Tin huffs. "It was my wolf."

"It's the same thing! You still kissed me."

"Whatever," he waves me off, making me bristle with anger. "It doesn't matter."

"Don't brush this off! We're mates! What the hell are we going to do?"

That manages to make him pause. "You know we're mates?"

My shoulders relax. "Yeah. Turns out the doctor who examined me when I was adopted got a few things wrong. My age, for example. I turned eighteen today."

"Today?" Tin confirms with a raised brow. "We have the same birthday?"

"Apparently," I grumble, crossing my arms. "Otherwise, I would've punched you for even standing that close to me earlier."

He tilts his head curiously. "Why didn't you?"

"I don't know!" I throw my hands up. "I'm just as affected by the mate bond as you are. Wait, why am I the one explaining myself? You fucking kissed me!"

Tin wrinkles his nose. "Do you have to use such filthy language?"

I roll my eyes. "Stop avoiding the subject."

"Can, what do you want me to say?" Tin sighs, exasperated. "I was momentarily confused. My wolf was practically screaming in my head about us being mates, and it was clashing with my magic. I did the only thing I could think of the silence my wolf."

"Are you okay?" I blurt, reverting back to the old Can, who was best friends with the old Tin. "Er... with your magic and your wolf. Isn't it a lot?"

"Why do you care?" He narrows his dark eyes. "Just because we're mates doesn't mean you have to suddenly pretend to care about me."

"Oh, for fuck's sake," I growl. "Can't you stop bitching and have a normal conversation with me?"

"No."

I'm seriously going to kill him.

"So, what?" I question pointedly. "I hate you, you hate me, we don't want to be mates. What, are you going to reject me?"

As soon as the word leaves my lips, it hangs in the air like an icy cold threat. Tin looks at me with conflict in his eyes. While we do hate each other, rejection is... extreme. It causes a lot of pain to both wolves. I've even heard that it can cause death. But that only happens to wolves who were marked or in love when they got rejected.