[55] Trouble in Paradise

L O V I N G
L A K Y N

LAKYN, HALE, EDEN, and I all sat on the beach, each of us seated on our own towels. After heading out for lunch earlier this afternoon, we decided on a smoothie place near our house. Eden, Lakyn, and Hale all got a quesadilla each, whilst I settled on a sandwich and a filling berry smoothie.

Once leaving there, we all walked along the private beach which our temporary home was located on. We arrived home shortly after, then we all hurried into some more beach appropriate clothing as it was unbelievably hot, we were all sweating and felt extremely sticky.

I wore a bikini which was a peachy color with small dark pink flowers scattering the bottoms and the top. Originally, I had wanted to wear the more fitting baby-blue colored set, but Lakyn preferred the pink one the most. Speaking of Lakyn, who on the other hand, went shirtless, wearing black boardshorts, though he bought along a black hoodie in case he gets cold later on.

We hauled the drinks and towels down onto the beach which was practically our back yard, setting ourselves up a few meters away from the shoreline, but the tide was slowly going down.

Once Lakyn had covered my entire body in sunscreen, I laid down on the towel for hours, soaking up the warm sunrays alongside Eden whilst the boys sat on their own towels near us, sitting on their phones and being antisocial, up until five minutes ago when they left to get an early dinner for us all, so that we could eat on the beach before the sun sets entirely.

I was extremely pale, but from the extended amount of time spent in the sun, I managed to get at least two shades darker, but I was sure that despite reapplying sunscreen multiple times, that my face was sunburnt.

For one second, I stopped and took a moment to look at my life, how great it currently is. Rather than looking for the next secret door that will lead me to my real life, I told myself to stop waiting. This is it. There is nothing else. It is here, right in front of me. I am experiencing it right now and I decided to enjoy it rather than being miserable.

No matter what happens from here on, happens for a reason. But overall, I am so incredibly lucky to be here with them, to have him, to have all these opportunities. 

"I love it here." Eden spoke from next to me where she laid in her black strapless bikini. "I wish we could stay here forever. Change our names, run away. God, that'd be a dream."

I turned to face her, using my hand to shield my eyes from the sun. "To run away?" I repeated and she nodded. "It would be a dream, wouldn't it?"

Eden hummed in agreement. "You get to do that. Soon you will be on a plane, traveling three-thousand miles away from here." she reminded me and suddenly, I felt even more guilty then I was. 

"Don't remind me." I grumbled, switching over, so that I was laying on my stomach.

Eden followed in pursuit, resting the side of her face on her arm, like me, so that we were looking directly at each other. "You don't sound excited?"

I shook my head. "I am excited." I retorted. "Just. . .Lakyn. He doesn't want me to go-I mean, he does. He just has mixed emotions."

She sighed, offering me a look of sympathy. "Trouble in paradise?" she asked and I gave her a look that said: you don't even know the half of it. "I get it." of course, she does. She gets everything. "Lakyn just has a hard time expressing his emotions. I am sure that he is happy for you. I mean Hale is leaving me behind too."

I forgot about that.

"He is not leaving you behind." I pointed out. "You know that he will come back for you."