Bea x Childhood Friend Reader

(Reader is male. Both Bea and Reader are 14 now)

[Reader]

At first, I wasn't sure what to think of Bea when I came to Stow-on-Side.

She had changed, that's for one. Her hair wasn't as wavy as before, and it was a lot shorter. She still likes Fighting Pokemon, but her attitude's gone as tough as one.

Is she still the sweet-toothed girl I've been friends with?

[Flashback]

I was standing in the dojo, showing my back to all the defeated people who lied on the floor helplessly. I breathed heavily, but there were more adults who came at my back. I blocked their attacks then hit them back, and within seconds, even more people were piled up on the floor. My parents came through the door, and they nodded in approval.

"So far, so good," they said to each other.

Back then, I really didn't have so much freedom. I always kept quiet and agreed to all of my parents' requests even if I didn't like them. My family was quite rich, so other than the times I spent at the dojo or training, I would be at home, studying my mind off.

They wanted me to be perfect. Or at least I heard them say.

One day, I was coming out of the bathroom when this girl came out of nowhere. She was in a dojo uniform, like me, but she looked happy while I looked tired.

"Hey!" she greeted. "I saw you beat all those adults! I think it was cool."

"Thanks, but it's not talent," I grumbled. "It's more of I get used to it. Good bye." I tried to leave her, but she was a pure ball of energy.

"Hey, what's with the gloomy face?" she asked. Her shiny silver eyes glimmered. "Let's have some fun!"

"Uh... No." I tried to walk off again, but she stopped me. She bombarded me with questions that I didn't even know the answer to. Seriously, "What's your favorite color"? My parents never gave me the time to think it out! Then I lost my temper. I was tired and worn out, okay? Don't blame me. "WOULD YOU LEAVE ME ALONE?!" I screamed.

She backed up. "S-sorry..." she muttered. I sighed and shook my head.

"'Sorry' won't fix it," I snapped. I walked over to my bodyguards without another word. My mother was on the video call one of the female bodyguards held a tablet for. Mother kept rambling about on how much I needed a haircut. I simply answered that with a "Yes, Mother."

The next day, I saw the girl again. She was fighting someone older than the both of us, and clearly, she was losing. She lost at the end, but she was still smiling. Her Pokemon was a Machop that lost to a Crabrawler. I trudged over to get changed into my dojo uniform, but I was interrupted by the girl.

"Hey, I'm really sorry about yesterday, I really didn't mean to get you mad," the girl apologized, "I'm Bea, and could you forgive me? You know, forgive and forget?"

"1, it's okay, I just lost my temper, so chill and personal space," I said, pushing her shoulders away from me, "2, I don't get why you'd tell me your name, but since you did, my name is (Name). 3, forgive, yes. It's been said and done. Forget, no, but I forgive you. Can I go now?" I didn't even wait for her answer. I left right away.

That's actually how it all began.

[End flashback]

Now, that I looked back on the times, I feel the hatred I spat at her. I didn't mean to, but it was her fault, though I still feel guilty about it. She later told me that she wanted to become a Fighting type specialist and asked what I wanted to become. I answered with a "I don't know... Mother and Father haven't given me some personal time to think about it yet."