Blood of the Lamb

Chapter warnings: Mild language and extreme violence

Word count: 1529

-----

"Drop the knife, Hendery." Lucas and Ten were both at the front of the party, each holding a gun pointed at Henry's head. He chuckled lightly as he put his hands up, keeping the blade in his hand. Looking at him, he smiled slightly.

"You wouldn't kill me."

"Try me."

"We've been friends for ages. You even told me about your little crush on Y/N, hmm?" It was obvious that this was new information to a good portion of the group, but no one said anything as the standoff played out.

"Who you willingly chose to threaten and kidnap. You know how I feel about her, and how I'd feel if anything happened. So why do this?"

"It's precisely because you feel that way that I have to do this." Hendery amended his accusations as he stepped forward, causing Lucas to readjust his firearm. "Poor little Lucas, so oppressed and lonely in the world. You wanted your Romeo and Juliette, your perfect love story, how sweet. Well, lucky for you, I'll make sure this ends up like the play." Spinning to face Y/N again, he knelt down.

"Back up!" Lucas demanded. Smiling, Hendery whispered under his breath, just quiet enough that only she could hear.

"I'll see you soon, darling." With a quick motion of his hand, he held the knife up to her throat, causing her to scream. With the violently loud shot of a pistol, she watched, eyes trembling, as the light faded from his eyes and his body crumpled to the ground in front of her, blood staining the carpet.

"Oh my God!" She screamed, crying, hands to her face as she stared in horror. Sighing, Kun looked at the body.

"What a mess this has become. I suppose the group is pretty much over, we're down to five members."

"Oh, it's not over yet." Lucas snarled, turning his weapon to face another. Moving out of the way, Ten looked to try and see what was going on. He had his gun now pointed at WinWin.

"I- What are you doing, man?" WinWin laughed as he looked awkwardly in both directions, looking for support.

"I don't suppose any of them know, do they?"

"I don't know what you're talking about." WinWin put his hands up defensively. "Are you sure you're not just-"

"You were in the stairwell that day with Hendery!" He accused, harshly shoving the barrel of the gun directly into the man's chest, causing him to take a step back. He continued advancing on him as he spoke. "You had a knife too, I know you helped him. I'll bet you're the one that gave him access to the money. Not only that, but while everyone else was trying to hold me back, you weren't doing shit. I'll bet you helped this piece of shit kidnap her too, didn't you?"

"I- I didn't- I'm not-" He looked between all of their eyes, practically begging for someone to jump in and save him, but they were all waiting intently for his response. Stuttering to find the words, he finally conceded. "Fine, okay! It wasn't like that, though! I was just making what I thought was the right investment! I made the wrong choice in letting Y/N stay! Hendery's intention was to make her fall in love with him, but I knew if I went along with what he was saying, she'd end up dead sooner or later! She's messing with all of your heads and she didn't even know it! You can't blame me for that, I was just trying to-" As he was speaking, Ten shouted above the ramblings.