.twenty

"Let me get a couple pictures of you two together before you run off!" Nayeon shot down the hallway toward the front door, camera in hand. "Aw, my baby's first dance. Jisung, bring him home in one piece. And if you get back late, feel free to stay over. Just make sure you let your sister know, yeah?"

Jisung nodded. He grabbed Minho's hand and ran out the door before Nayeon had a chance to take more photos.

They trudged through the dewy grass until they hit the main road. Jisung still hadn't dropped Minho's hand, but Minho didn't mind. He was bad with directions and even worse with paying attention, so had Jisung not been holding onto him, he'd probably wander all the way to the Hwang farm without even knowing.

The walk to the church was peaceful. The sun was low in the sky, but not yet beginning to set, and the whole town was painted in brilliant yellow light. The sunshine reflected off Minho's makeup, making him look even more ethereal. Jisung spent so much time staring that he almost didn't see Chan's truck pull up behind them.

He leaned over Seungmin to the open passenger side window and shouted, "Hop in the back! I'll drive you to the church. This is gonna be great!"

Minho and Jisung did as they were told, hopping into the truck bed and taking a seat next to each other. Minho was nervous. Anyone could've guessed it. So Jisung took his hand once more and offered a soft smile, which Minho gladly returned.

"You're gonna do great." Jisung squeezed Minho's hand and leaned close to whisper, "Oh, and if you're trying to get Chan's attention tonight, here's a tip: he's into dancers. So if you can dance, do it, and make sure he sees you."

This was good news for Minho. Dance was his passion, and he knew he was good. There was no doubt about it. Minho suddenly got an idea and turned to Jisung with a mischievous smirk and asked, "Are you into dancers?"

"Yeah, why?"

Minho clapped. "I'm gonna watch for good dancers tonight and try to find that boy you keep talking about kissing," he said, making kissy faces at Jisung and laughing at himself.

Jisung rolled his eyes. "I'm gonna regret telling you that," he grumbled, "But it doesn't matter. You can guess all you want, I'm gonna say no to everybody. It's a super secret secret."

The truck rolled to a halt in front of the church and Chan turned over his shoulder to yell, "Last stop! All passengers please exit the train!" He hopped out of the car and put on a denim jacket as Seungmin walked around to stand next to him while they waited for their other friends. Minho jumped over the edge of the truck bed and helped Jisung climb out after him, making fun of the boy the entire time.

"Well, it's Minho's first dance," Jisung announced, "So let's make sure he has a good time. A night he'll never forget!"

a/n: it's 4am
i have 7 more chapters prewritten
i just wanna say i love yall
thank you for reading
thank you for supporting me as a writer
deadass i appreciate all yall so much

anyway i hope yall have a  good day or night or whatever it is and i'm sending you good vibes

anyway this story is sweet and makes me cry and you guys are sweet and it makes me cry and it's 4am so my crybaby ass is crying
ok ily goodnight