.forty

Haeun honked the car horn, startling Minho and Jisung out of their moment. They walked back toward the house slowly, trying to delay their inevitable goodbye.

When they reached the house, the car was already packed and the engine was on. This was real. It finally hit Minho just how real this goodbye would be. He was going back to New York and leaving Jisung behind. Haeun rolled down a window and shouted for Minho to get in the car. He squeezed Jisung's hand one final time and opened the passenger side door.

"Wait, mom," he said, suddenly stopping. "There's something I forgot in my room. Jisung, come help me find it!" He sprinted back inside with Jisung hot on his heels. They were up the stairs and in Minho's room quickly, and they both stood in the doorway and looked around at the emptiness of it.

Minho's pictures were gone. His desk, once cluttered with pens and notebooks and drawings, now sat bare and empty against the wall. His bedding was no different, but it seemed empty as well. His stuffed animals no longer sat there on top of the purple comforter. His glasses were no longer on his nightstand. Everything that was Minho had been stripped from the room.

Jisung sighed. "It's so... empty," he muttered. "What did you forget?"

Minho stepped into the room and shut the door. In an instant, he had Jisung pushed up against it. The younger stood, wide-eyed, staring up at Minho, who inched closer by the second.

Kissing Minho was nothing like Jisung had expected – and he'd thought about this moment a lot. He had expected Minho to be aggressive and dominating, moving too fast to keep up with. But this kiss was slow and deep. This kiss expressed every unsaid word between them. Minho pressed his lips hard against Jisung's, but was somehow so gentle in his movement at the same time.

Jisung loved this. He'd never felt butterflies erupt in his chest like this before. Minho kissed him like he needed it to live, like he thought Jisung might disappear at any moment.

When they parted, Minho's face was streaked with tears. He sniffled and said, "You never got to use your free kiss coupon, Jisung. I kept waiting for you to use it, but you never did. I hope you don't mind I took it from you."

"I'd like to think I still have my kiss coupon. Because if I do, I can save it and use it when you come back," Jisung whispered.

Minho nodded, still crying, but now with a bright smile on his face.

"I'll miss you, Jisung."

"I'll miss you, too, city boy."

<コ:彡

we did it gays we made it to the end
thank you for reading city boy!
only took 40 chapters for them to kiss-
anyway the sequel "rube" will be out,, eventually
i only have 5 chapters pre-written