.twenty-one

The four friends walked into the church together, immediately recognising some of their other friends already dancing or talking around the empty chapel. The pews had been moved to line the walls so there was a large, open space for people to dance, and there was a table of snacks and drinks on the far wall by the door.

Somehow, Minho already felt out of place despite only having been there for a few seconds. This had to be some kind of record.

But his friends didn't let him be a wallflower. Jisung grabbed his sleeve and dragged him out toward the dance floor. "Come dance with me," he whined, leaning in close to whisper, "Chan likes dancers, remember?"

Minho nodded, gesturing for Chan and Seungmin to join them as they made their way to the centre of the room where everyone was dancing. Seungmin held tightly onto Chan's arm to avoid being separated, and Jisung still hadn't loosened his grip on Minho's sleeve.

For a few minutes, Minho stood swaying slightly as he watched his friends dance. He hadn't planned on dancing, but then he heard the intro to the next song. BTS Jungkook's "Begin". Minho jumped forward into the crowd and began dancing, already having learned the choreography. Halfway through the song, a circle cleared around him and everyone stood in awe as he danced his heart out. Minho was so lost in the music he didn't notice all the eyes on him. All he could focus on was the song.

Once the song ended, a roar of cheering and applause rose up from the crowd. Minho opened his eyes and looked around, suddenly embarrassed but still proud.
He smiled and stepped out of the circle to return to Jisung. They stood on the edge as some random trap song played and people jumped into the circle to show off their moves. Most of Jisung's friends jumped in, whether seriously or as a joke. Felix and Seungmin went in together, dancing to IOI's "Very Very Very" despite it not being the song that was playing.

"You should hop in," Minho whispered to Jisung, "Show me some moves."

Jisung scoffed. "I might've done it earlier, but now that I've seen you dance, I don't think I could even try it right now." He smiled and patted Minho's shoulder. "You're way too good."

Minho rolled his eyes. "Promise me you'll dance for me sometime, even if it's not tonight." He held up a pinky, and Jisung reluctantly made the promise after seeing Minho's puppy eyes.

Their little moment was cut short when they heard, "Hey, Minho, you were amazing!"

<コ:彡

ok this is gonna sound super arrogant or whatever but i'm really proud of myself i'm so cool

yesterday i had about 5K words written on this story

then i got home from school today and decided i wanted to write and now i have more than 15K words written for this story. i'm in the thirties for chapter numbers so i have quite a bit pre-written :)