Chapter 9: 2nd Date? (The Calm Before the Storm)

|| Artist: mo (@niku_zume) | Original Source: https://twitter.com/niku_zume/status/1300156576569802752?s=12 ||

"Angel come on! No stopping for work this is your day off!" You pulled your friend away from the man trying to lead him into an alleyway for 'a quick job'.

"Come on (y/n), I'm too hung over from clubbing last night to walk!" Angel scowled as he gripped his skull. "Ugh! My head feels like it's about to split open wider than my asshole when I-"

You covered Angel's mouth, slightly blushing from the lewd nature of his words. "Ooookaaayy, that's enough outta' you!" You squatted close to the ground to offer him your back. "Here, hop on. I'll give you're a ride to the tailor shop, just hold onto this sash."

Angel wrapped his appendages around you while sliding the sash's strap over his head. "Aw how sweet. You know, you're probably one of the only women I know that I've enjoyed riding~"

You rolled your eyes at his comment, "why are you like this." An idea popped into your head, obvious by the mischievous grin spreading across your face. "Oh Angel~ Since you can't walk right now, that means you can't escape my puns bitch!" You continued to laugh maniacally as Angel screamed in horror. Along the way to The Whispering Threads, you and Angel did your best to annoy each other with terrible jokes. For every pun you made, he did his best to sexualize it. It was amazing how creative you both were; even more surprising how clever Angel could be with his words.

Angel poked at the bag like a curious puppy. "So, what do you plan on doing with the creepy skull? I knew you were and edgy chick but damn girl!"

You shoved Angel up to reposition him into a more comfortable stance. "Oi be careful with it! I don't want it getting cracked anywhere." You knew that dodging the question would just lead to more of his pestering, so you speed ran the five stages of grief and opened up to him about your feelings. "I... plan on giving it to Alastor as a gift."

Angel poked teasingly at your ripened red cheeks, "Oh-ho! Someone has the hots for a certain radio man! That's so adorable, you actually put a lot of effort into thinking about this gift –a deer skull seems fitting for his aesthetic."

You slapped away Angel's hand every time he tried poking your cheeks. "I-I don't know what you're talking about."

"Come ooooon (Y/n), we all know you two are gonna be a thing so. It's so PAINFULLY obvious."

You were about to retort his absurd statement, but a new question tugging at your lips held you back. You never stopped to consider how others viewed your relationship with Alastor. Oh my stars, do... do people think we're a couple?! What the hell does he mean 'obvious'? The blood rushing through your cheeks along with Angel's warm fluff made it too hot. "Alastor doesn't try to kill Hazbin folk. T-that's all there is to it." The slight quiver in your voice didn't make your statement any more convincing.

"Bullshit (Y/n), and you know it. Whenever you're around, he always turns to you for help or asks you to go on walks with him. Hell, he doesn't even try to kill or scare you when you do something he doesn't like!"

You deadpanned at your idiot friend. "Angel I think you just set a low bar for him. You piss him off endlessly with your teasing."

"Nonsense! I just have a special kind of charm –an irresistible quirkiness pumpkin pie!"

"right..."

Angel started to play with your ears using his upper pair of arms. "Anyways, you two have this crazy spark. Whenever you're both together doing whatever the hell you wierdos do, that spark ignites with even brighter passion and spreads like wildfire. I'm tellin' you, either I'm wrong and he just has a bone to pick with you, or I'm right and he just wants to bone you."