Chapter Twenty Seven

We arrive back at the flat and Mrs. Hudson kindly makes us some tea. Well, not me. I didn't touch mine because I was too busy dozing off on Sherlock's lap, so he drunk mine as well. They continue talking but all their words seem to merge into one, so I stop trying to listen. Sherlock slightly shakes me and I turn into his chest, blocking out the light. "Rachel?" He whispers. "Let me sleep Mr. Fuzzy bear." I mumble. I feel the slight vibration coming from his chest which tells me that he is laughing. I smile and wrap my arms around his neck. "Mr. Fuzzy bear." I murmur.
"Molly will be here in twenty minutes." John tells him. I tense slightly and Sherlock sets down his tea, holding me closer. They start a new conversation but before I can even attempt to work out what they're talking about my eyes flutter close.

A large clang startles me and my eyes open wide. "Oh sorry! I didn't mean to drop it!" Molly says, picking up the coat rack. "You did mean to. You ment to wake Rachel. Why is that?" Sherlock demands. "I - I wanted to talk to her." Molly stutters, eyes flitting around the room. "I don't believe that." Sherlock argues. Molly doesn't say anything else and I cuddle up close to Sherlock again. "So John told me it was your birthday. Why didn't you tell me?" Molly asks, desperate to change the conversation.
"Why didn't you tell me either Mr. Fuzzy bear?" I whisper. He chuckles and kisses my head. "I've never liked the idea of ageing and celebrating it. Yes, I was born on this day 33 years ago. And we're celebrating it now, why?" He says. No one says anything and the silence becomes awkward.

"How long are you staying Molly? Because Rachel is tired and we would like to go to bed." Sherlock asks directly after a while. "Oh - I can leave. I'll leave. Just try and keep him off the sweeties for a bit, Rachel. Can you do that?" She says quickly before leaving. "That was awkward." Sherlock sighs. I hum in agreement and close my eyes. "Rachel darling?" He whispers. "Yes?" I yawn.
"I want a birthday present."
"But you said -" before I can finish his lips capture mine. I smile and wrap my arms around his neck.