Part 21: Telling Lily

It was eight o'clock at night and everyone sans Lincoln was sitting in the living room. Lily knew something was up since her family was looking uncontrollable. She couldn't help, but wonder why until her sister, Lisa started to speak.

"Lily...We have something to tell you." She said.

"I'm not grounded am I?" Lily asked.

"No. Honey...we've been keeping something from you." Rita said.

"I knew it." Lily said. 

"Listen...we're sorry that we haven't talked to you about this until now. But we were all too scared about you're reaction to what we're about to tell you." Luna said.

"But it can't be too bad can it?" Lily said.

"Lily...How would you feel if I told you that you had three more sisters?" Rita said.

"What? I have 10 sisters?! Why didn't you tell me sooner?" Lily said.

"Because we've disowned them from the family...a long time ago."  Lynn Sr. Said.

"What? Why would you disown them? Surely they didn't do anything bad enough that warrants it." Lily said.

"Sigh...Lily, the reason why they were disowned was because of series of events that involved Lincoln. You see...When we were younger, we used to take advantage of him." Lucy said.

"You did?" Lily asked.

"Yes. We're not proud of it and have worked hard to make sure that we never do something like that again. Anyway....Lincoln confronted mom and dad about it which lead to a discussion about how we treated him." Lola said.

"Everyone of us felt bad about it.....everyone except for your three sisters who ended up getting grounded so they would learn to treat Lincoln like our brother and less like a servant. Afterwards we all (except for Lincoln and our sisters) went out for pizza." Lana said.

"Which turned out to be a big mistake on your part since you left him alone with the others." Lily said.

"Yes. You see...Lincoln left to spend time with Clyde and returned home before the others started to beat him." Lisa said with a few tears collecting behind her eyes.

"What?! Why would they beat him over getting grounded?" Lily said.

"Because they blamed him for getting him in trouble. We should've stayed here and kept an eye on them because if we did then Lincoln wouldn't have spent a couple of months in the hospital." Luna said before Leni started to rub her back.

"We didn't know that they would do that Luna. You have to stop blaming yourself for what happened." Leni said.

"W..What happened next?" Lily said.

"A couple of us pulled them off before they would actually kill Lincoln. While Mom and Dad called the police. It was terrible. Especially since we lived with them for all those years and trusted them." Leni said.

"I know that this is a lot to take in Lily, but..we never wanted you to know about what happened back then." Lucy said.

"What about Lincoln? Does he know?" Lily said.

"No. You have to understand something Lily, Lincoln was severely injured thanks to them. When he woke up..it was a miracle that he remembered everything except for them." Rita said.

"But what happens when they get released?" Lily asked.

"We don't know. We still love them at some level, but at the same time...it's hard to forgive them for what they've done." Lana said.

"C..Can I see what they've looked like?" Lily said. Rita nods and hands her a picture of everyone except for three unidentifiable girls.

 Rita nods and hands her a picture of everyone except for three unidentifiable girls

"There names are Lori, Lynn and Luan. Lori is the oldest and loved to boss everyone around. Most of all...she spent every waking second with her boyfriend, Bobby." Lynn Sr. Said.

"Ronnie Anne's brother?" Lily said.

"Yes. Back then...He was so head over heels for her. So he was awful devastated to learn that she actually lead her hands on Lincoln. We were all glad that he was able to move on and marry Carol Pringrey since we feared that he was literally wasting away in front of our eyes." Leni said.

"Lynn was a girl who loved sports. Everyday..she would wear jerseys and placed with lots of balls inside and outside the house. We loved her for it...until she started to let her pride get in the way of family and let superstition cloud her skills." Lucy said.

"It came to a head when she was convinced that Lincoln was badluck after a bad game. We were cowards back then and let the girls rule the household. Luckily we managed to change after what she and the others did to Lincoln. But back then...we let her throw Lincoln out of the house." Lynn Sr. said in shame.

"Before you say anything....we all regret what we did. Now last, but not least...we have Luan." Lola said.

"Who was she?" Lily asked.

"Luan was someone who told awful jokes and played pranks on us 24/7. She wanted to become a comedian and even posted some videos online. She was wonderful until the incident and...April 1st." Luna said.

"What was so wrong about it?" Lily said.

"She made our lives hell with her over the top pranks. I remember when she even convinced Dad to buy some land and a motel. Which we've managed to sell a couple of months before we brought your brother back home." Luna said.

"I just wish that they never beat up Lincoln..if they didn't then maybe they wouldn't be in jail." Lily said.

"We all do sweetheart. But..what's done is done. They messed up and have to suffer the consequences. Even if that means that they would have to start their lives over without us in it." Rita said as she stood up and walked off. Followed by the others leaving Lily alone with her thoughts. Lily wanted so badly to bring the family back together, but at the moment...it was impossible. Sighing...she slowly got up and went to her room.

I wish that this situation wasn't so complicated.

Author Notes:

How was the chapter?

Any suggestions?

Bye 👋