Chapter 15

I could feel time slow down. It was like it wanted me to savor every moment that didn't cause me pain. I saw the rain slow down in mid air, the wind completely stopped, and the bullet went in slow motion before causing impact in my shoulder. Time stopped for a single second, so it could let me savor every moment before the fire in my shoulder started.

"Amber!" I heard a voice yell in panic. It took me a moment to even get my hearing under control. It was like everything was fuzzy and the only thing I could focus on was the burning sensation spreading through my body.

"Doesn't feel the best, does it," I heard another voice said. I tried ignoring the fire in my shoulder so I could remind myself of what just happened. Luke with a gun. Trevor shot him. Luke shot me. But something was missing from the events playing in my head.

I heard Trevor grab the gun and walk over to Luke, pointing the gun at his head. Lydia helped me up, being very delicate with my shoulder. I saw Trevor's finger wrap around the trigger before I screamed "Don't!"

He turned to look at me and Luke did too. Antidote. That was the word. And if Luke dies then so do I. And I promised to find Jared after this was over.

"He said antidote. He poisoned the bullets," I said, my voice was weak.

"He can't poison you. Not while you're a pure," Trevor said with a confused look.

"You have no idea what Fallen Labs has actually found. When they found out about kids with extra side-effects, they gave us poison that can kill any pure. And an antidote so that we can bring them back to them for their experiments. And it's more painful for ones like her," He said, nodding at me.

"What do you mean like her?" Trevor said, looking back at Luke, angry.

"Her body will try to heal her faster. And with faster healing..." He waited for me to finish his sentence.

"Stronger pain," I said, looking at him.

"Exactly. The poison will kill her within 3 days unless you give her the antidote which, surprise! I'm the only one who knows where it is or how to make it."

"Princess, you're about to go through hell," Luke said smiling. Trevor knocked him out in one punch.

"Lydia, take him inside and tie him up in a chair. I'll take care of Amber," Trevor said, walking over to me. He lifted my arm and I couldn't hold the scream that came out of my mouth.

"Shit. Sorry," He said, trying to be more delicate. He supported half of my weight, walking to one of the bedrooms. He set me down on the bed and as soon as he did, I couldn't help but let a cry of pain out.

"Get it out of me! Stop the fire," I said, on the verge of tears.

"Hey. You're ok. He probably made it up just to save his own skin. You are going to be ok," Trevor said, cupping my cheek with his hand.

"Lydia! I need some rubbing alcohol and bandages," Trevor shouted. Lydia ran in with what he needed within seconds. Trevor took the things from her hands while she looked at me and then back at Trevor and asked "Is she dying?"

"Go make sure Luke doesn't wake up. Don't let him touch or grab you," He said, avoiding her question.

"Trevor, is she dying!" She asked, demanding an answer. Their voices went muffled for a second and my vision went blurry.

"I don't know! But I will be damned if she does. Now go," He said. I heard the door slam shut and saw Trevor walk over to me. He took my hand in his free one and took off the sweater I was wearing. He rolled down the sleeve of the T-shirt I had on, exposing the gun shot.