Chapter 25

After last night, we went back to the room and Lydia was already asleep. I felt drained so I went straight to the bed and fell asleep right there with all of my clothes on. I thought it was a few seconds later when I opened my eyes but instead, there was sunlight hitting my face. I rubbed my eyes and looked over at Lydia who was sound asleep. I turned my head to see Trevor sitting on the edge of the bed and putting on his shoes. I sat up and as soon as I did, the pounding started again but less intense. I grabbed my head for a few seconds, trying to rub the pain away. I gave up and looked back at Trevor and stood up to walk over to him. I slowly walked over to him and he met me halfway.

"How do you feel?" He asked, looking down at my dark eyes.

"I would be lying if I said that I was fine," I said, laughing a little. He put his hands on my waist and closed the distance between our bodies. I put my hands on his arms and rubbed them up and down, taking a deep breath.

"Ready for today?" He asked. Today was the day we went to the L-13's. The day we join a group to change our lives. To make them better.

"Is it Ok if I say I'm a little terrified," I responded. He gave a small smile.

"Change is always scary," He said. He was right but that's not what I was scared of. I was scared of what they would do with us. Trevor and I. We have the most dangerous side-effects, so would they use that to their gain? Or would they help us control them?

"Should we wake Lydia up?" I asked. He took a deep breath and looked over at her.

"Let's let her sleep. This was the first night that she has slept at a normal time," He said. As the minutes passed by, I felt myself regain strength. The pounding dissipated and it eventually went away. Would I get that everytime I use my side-effects or was that just a one time thing.

"I want to test something real quick. Bring the bags, we can eat outside," I said, walking over to the door and leaving it open so Trevor could walk out after me. I heard the door shut and I hopped into the back of the truck. He hopped in right behind me. We sat there, talking about how we could trigger his IP side-effect. We eventually finished the bowl of fruit we both had.

"What did you want to show me?" He asked. I gave him a small smile before looking down at the bowl in front of me. I focused my eyes on the bowl, imagining that it was connected with my finger with a rope and would follow it's movements. I lifted my finger and the bowl slowly went into the air and I moved it through the air and landed it in Trevor's lap. I couldn't help but smile. The same energy was inside of me and I didn't have a headache. Trevor smiled back at me.

"Maybe save your side-effects for an area where you can try and control them or in a life or death situation," He said. I stared at him for a moment. He's right, I should wait until I can actually train with my side-effects before playing around with them.

"Can you control it?" I asked. He looked up at me. He nodded. I searched his face before asking my next question.

"Then why were you so scared to tell me?" I asked. He looked away from me for a moment.

"Didn't know what it was. Or how you would feel if I told you that I had side-effects that were unheard of," He said. I looked at him. I waited a moment before jumping out of the back and asking, "Show me."

He laughed and looked at me for a second before hopping out and standing a few feet away. He motioned his hand like he was pulling a rope that was around my waist and it led me to him. He put a hand on the small of my back while he looked at my eyes.

"No more secrets," He said. I looked down at his lips and felt his hand on my back, my heart racing at what he just did so perfectly.

"No more secrets," I repeated back. He looked down at my lips and back up to my eyes. I gave a small smile before escaping his grip and walking back into the room where Lydia was sleeping, and I whispered, "Not that easy Trevor," knowing he could hear me from the truck. I heard him laugh before walking back to the door and into the room, carrying the plastic bowls in his hands and throwing them away in the trash can.