Chapter 4

Adrenaline pulsed through my veins, but I couldn't do anything about it. I mean, if you had a knife pressed at your throat would you still be thrashing around?

Didn't think so.

I completely stilled and stopped moving. My heartbeat skyrocketed to a point where I was pretty sure it was unhealthy. This was it. I was going to be raped, stabbed to death, and dumped into one of the dumpsters.

All because of a blanket. A damn blanket.

A million thoughts raced through my head. Were my parents worried? Of course they were. Their heir was missing and that meant they wouldn't be able to pass on the business. Were Benoit and Barny scared? I certianly hoped so. Tristan, on the other hand, was probably thinking, "Thank goodness. I hope we can't find her. What kind of coffee do I want right now?"

One of the thugs placed his hand on my arm and stroked it up and down. I shuddered, it was so repulsive. He probably took it that I was shuddering in pleasure because his grin widened, showing off several gold teeth, and beckoned for the other men to step forward.

I gave a strangled cry, and the tears came. They silently poured down my face and I kept asking myself, why? Why me? Was I a bad person? 

Just before someone could touch down there, a sharp voice rang out. 

"Just what the fuck are you doing?" I heard a female say.

The hands on my body immediately left me and I looked up. It was a beautiful woman of about 23 years. She had raven black hair and a beautiful olive complexion. She wore quite a few rings and I noticed a small tatoo of the letter G on her ring finger. However, it just made her even more beautiful.

My eyes widened as she stalked up to Franco and spat right in his face.

"Franco, I thought you had more respect than this. Taking advantage of an innocent girl?" she angrily scolded.

"Hey Mariah," Franco said with a smirk. "Why don't you join us?"

She slapped him. Hard. I almost expected her to end up dead on the floor in a pool of blood with a knife sticking out of her that moment, but surprisingly, she remained living. Instead, Franco barked out a laugh.

"Still feisty eh Mariah?" he teased. "Hasta la próxima, el amor." he whispered into her ear. Then, he slouched off into one of the dark alleyways. I was left on the ground, completely traumatized.

Mariah stiffened and turned to look at me. Her eyes softened when she looked at me. Slowly, like she didn't want to frighten me, she approached. I shrunk away in fear, scared that she would harm me.

"Don't worry. I won't hurt you," she softly said. She stretched her hand out to me as she offered to help me up.

Slowly, I got up and took her offered hand. As she hoisted me up, I felt the coldness of her many rings and shivered. 

"I'm sorry about Franco," she apologised. 

I didn't do anything but stare like her like an idiot. My life had just gotten more weirdness in the past twenty four hours than it usually did in my whole life.

She led me through an alleyway, and I reluctantly followed her. She was a stranger, but she had saved my after all. And I didn't really have much of a choice. Unless wanted Franco to come back and try to get to me again.

After about twenty minutes, I was led out of the maze. Mariah gently led me up some steps and I found myself in a small and dingy but cozy house. There were other women there, all with peircings, tattoos and all that crazy stuff. My mother would go crazy if she even glanced at these women.