Chapter 7

(This is Empire State of mind in the media sectoin for those of you who don't know.) Lovette thinks about it in the chapter.

Without further ado... I present to you all, chapter 7.

I ended up buying the bra. Why? After all, a certain Italian moron had chosen it. A dumb Italian prick had somehow known my boob size. And I still bought it because of my guilty pleasure.

I had to admit that I really really liked the bra. I secretly like lace bras (can you blame a girl?) And it's one of the top contenders on my guilty pleasure list.

At the cash register, I felt so awkward to be buying a lace bra in front of a guy cashier. With a lady, it would be okay. But a guy? No. That's way too embarrassing. So I pretended to be buying the bra for a friend. I took out my phone and started talking.

"Hey Shauntey," I said, talking to no one. "I bought the bra you wanted." I then paused a bit to make the situation more believable. Then I started talking again. "No problem! You're my best friend after all. Bye!" And I tucked my phone back into my pocket.

After purchasing the item, I exited the mall and sighed. Now I had to find my way home in the giant city of New York. Why couldn't I have lived in some farm town where I knew where everywhere was?

I began walking around looking for my apartment. After numerous twists and turns, I managed to get even more lost.

This somehow reminded me of Home Alone 2, Lost in New York... Except I wasn't a smartass little boy. I was more of a idiotic person who got lost in dark alleyways.

Humming, "Empire State of Mind," I couldn't help but wonder what the artist of the song was thinking. Really? So far, the streets of New York were less than inspiring. And the streets definitely did not male me feel brand new.

In the end, after bumping into numerous people who cussed me out and flipped me off (I made a mental note to remember those people so I could remember them when I took over my dad's business), I remembered that New York had taxis. Beautiful yellow cabs that could take me anywhere I wanted. Taxis that required money to take me places.

And because I stupidly spent my cash on a bra, I just so happened to be penniless. Well, I did have enough to buy a hot dog... 

I reached for my phone, but I saw that I had no batteries left.

Barney wasn't here to save my life again, and most of the people I knew were stuck up people who bathed in money and probably never really stepped on the streets of New York. And if they did help me, I would have to explain myself to them and my parents would become the laughingstock as gossip spread like a wildfire of how I had not enough money to even afford a cab.

My mother would probably lock me up in the rule-book room for the next century.

I began wandering around more and I eventually gave up. I saw a street vendor and ended up buying a hot dog. One thing for sure, New York hot dogs are amazing.

As I munched on a hot dog, I saw a familiar person. I looked more closely, and when I saw who it was, I   literally screamed, "Mariah!"

Ignoring peoples heads that turned to look at the crazy lady who just screamed to a person in the middle of the sidewalks, I jogged to Marian who stood there as she waited for me.

"Hey!" I greeted her once I reached her.

"Hello," she said back. "Are you alright now?" 

I smiled. She really was a nice person. Only a bit older than me. "I'm good. Uh, do you think you have time to tell me where Caroline's Coffee is?" I asked nervously.