15 - Adjustment

10/17/19

Lilith's POV:

You know, when I accepted this job Doug told me about, I wasn't expecting it to be so complicated. I wasn't expecting to be an Assistant Artist Manager, and I definitely wasn't expecting to fall in love with a celebrity, and them feeling the same way towards me. I was expecting this job to be an easy one.

I guess life is just full of surprises.

So, here I am. It's currently 6:45 pm and I'm at Billie's manager's office, AKA Justin's office. I'm accompanied by Finneas and Billie of course while Justin has Danny on the phone, on speaker. We're currently in an emergency meeting.

And Billie and I are about to be currently yelled at in three, two, one...

"What the fuck were you thinking?" Justin shouts to Billie, then points to me.

"And what the fuck were you thinking? Your job was to be an Assistant Artist Manager and nothing more. You should know your place, and you should be more thoughtful considering we practically gave you a chance at this job." Justin shouts at me as I look down, making me flinch at every shout.

I look over at Billie to see her looking at Justin. She looks absolutely livid and pissed at Justin, I'm assuming because he's yelling at me.

I kinda deserve it anyway.

"Justin I think that's enough," Finneas says intervening. Justin looks at Finneas, and then Billie, realizing how livid Billie is.

Justin chuckles sarcastically.

"And you. You know that your contract doesn't allow you to be in a relationship until your 18. So why are you even trying?" Justin shouts at Billie.

Billie then basically goes off on Justin.

"That's none of your fucking business, yes I signed your fucking contract, but you don't control my fucking actions, nor my life. And by the way, I decided to hang around Lilith. I decided to be more close to her, and I don't know if you forgot the incident, but she saved my life, by almost costing her life. Your "star" would've been dead. So I think you should be more grateful that she is around me." Billie finishes, dead eyeing Justin.

"Regardless of your reasons, you both fucked up, this situation is more complicated now than it was before. We now have rumors spreading around quickly and now we need to figure out a way to deal with this." Justin says, starting to pace back and forth.

Finneas sits down on a chair while I lean against the wall.

"What do you recommend we do? After all, Billie does have one more show in November." Danny says through the phone on speaker. Justin looks at the phone and then away from it, furrowing his eyebrows. Billie looks at me while I look at her as we both give concerning looks. Justin then lifts his head, as if he came up with an idea.

"Finneas will stay as Billie's Assistant Artist Manager. Lilith will continue with the job she has now." Justin explains as he looks at Billie and me, and sighs, shaking his head in frustration.

"You two will have to stay apart in public, and when Billie has shows. I will allow whatever -," Justin points to me and Billie, "This is, but it has to be exclusive. No going out in public. We need to die down these rumors." Justin says. I look to Billie, seeing she's clearly upset by this.

"Billie, for your upcoming interviews, you are to say that you aren't with Lilith and that the rumors are false. You say that Lilith is only a friend and just that. You continue to say that you're happier without being in a relationship and that you plan to stay single, is that clear?" Justin says. I look to Billie, seeing that it's obvious she wants to decline his option, but I knew she simply couldn't.