18 - After

A/N: Back to Lilith's POV :)

10/19/19

As I woke up, realizing it was still night, I looked at Billie to see that she was holding my wrist that was layed on my stomach. I look at her to see she's sound asleep. I pull her closer and kiss her on her forehead. Suddenly I notice she ticks. I look at her to see her eyebrows furrowed. I continue to watch her, making sure she's okay. I notice her grip on my wrist tighten as she clenches her fist. I sit up and look at her.

"Eilish?" I call out her name. She mumbles something but I couldn't make it out. I just hope she wasn't having another nightmare. She clenches her jaw as she starts to tick again. I sit her up on my lap and caress her.

"Come on Bil, wake up," I say gently shaking her. She opens her eyes but she doesn't move, but I notice a tear roll down her cheek.

"Bil?" I say softly. She starts breathing fast through her nose but still doesn't move.

"Hey. Hey. It's okay." I say calmly still caressing her.

"Come on," I say, gently shaking her.

She suddenly moves her hand off my wrist and sits up completely, breathing fast completely.

"Hey, hey, calm down, I'm here, you're okay," I say moving myself to face her.

She looks at me and suddenly hugs me, holding me tightly. I hold her back, and rest my head on her top of hers, feeling her tick against me.

"You okay?" I mumble. As she calms her breathing, she nods. She lets go and wipes her tears away as she sniffles.

"Do you wanna talk about it?" I ask her. She shakes her head. I look at her and smile softly.

"You're so beautiful," I say to her. She smiles and shakes her head.

"You're weird." She says smiling.

"I'll take it." I said laying back down. She gets up and walks to the drawer across the room. She opens it and takes out clothes. She throws a shirt at me while closing the drawer. As she gets dressed I put the shirt on, recognizing it's one of her shirts.

"You keep some of your clothing here?" I ask as I adjust it.

"I spend some nights here so I keep a few at Fin's place." She says as she puts a shirt on.

"Smart," I say as I lay back down. She crawls back onto the bed and lays beside me. I look at her, then her neck, seeing the hickeys I left.

I smirk.

"What?" She questions smiling, looking at me.

"Nothing," I say before closing my eyes and getting comfortable. She joins me and lays her head on my chest as I lift the covers over us, then I wrap my arm around her.

"See you in the morning Eilish," I say. She replies in a hum.

~~~

I wake up to the sunlight shining on my face, and to piano music playing in the house, although the sound is very distant. I slowly sit up, trying not to wake Billie, as her hand is around my waist. I slowly get up from the bed, as I put the pillow where her arm is, and quietly walk out of the bedroom, closing the door behind me silently. I walk towards the piano music and see Finneas playing a song on the piano, the melody sounding melancholic.

"What song are you playing?" I ask coming up behind him.

"A song I released back in May, it's called I Lost A Friend. I'm surprised you're up this early." Finneas says pausing the melody.