Chapter 18

⚠️ Violence ⚠️

Diego refused to speak to me. I understand. I mean, his brother died. I couldn't relate because I'm an only child. "I'm sorry, Diego." "Whatever," he wiped away his tears. He stood up and sat on the bed in silence.

The door still open due to the fact that I broke it. The wind made it chilly in the room. Some guy walked by the room and looked in. He wore a uniform with weapons on his belt. He looked at me and then looked at Diego. "Wait a minute," he looked at the newspaper, "you are the people who escaped the hospital!"

Diego looked at me as the guy, who was a cop, pulled his gun out. He aimed it at me, "Put your hands up!" Diego stood up and threw a knife at the cop. It hit his leg and he fell. He yelled for backup as Diego picked me up, threw me over his shoulders, and ran.

He ran as fast as he could. He dropped me on some sidewalk, causing me to bust my face open and get a nose bleed. I stood up and ran. The cops were trailing behind us. We turned the corner and hid in an alleyway. It was tense. Diego held me close. He told me to be quiet. I'm not ready to go back. I never will be.

Someone came into the alley and bumped into us. He looked at me and said, "Watch where you're going, stupid bitch." Diego just scoffed at him. I was furious. He called me stupid because he bumped into me.

I snapped. I walked over and shoved him to the ground. "What the hell," he yelled. I punched him in the face. I didn't stop. I kept going and going. His nose broke and his teeth got fucked up. He was a bloody mess.

"(Y/N) stop!" Diego tried pulling me off but I didn't move. I wasn't going to stop. "You're gonna kill him," Diego said. I grabbed my bag and pulled a brick out. "Don't! Call! Me! Stupid," I screamed as I bashed his face with a brick. Blood went everywhere. The brick, the ground, me, and Diego were all covered in his blood.

I stood up, completely out of breath. The man wasn't breathing any more. His head was smashed. I dropped the brick next to me. Diego was visibly scared. He was shaking. I went to grab my bag but he got it first. "I don't think you need these," he threw them in the dumpster. I wiped the blood from my face. "We should probably leave," I said. Diego nodded and we ran.

We didn't stop till we got to the country side. There was a really nice farm house. We ran into the barn to find some lady. She turned around and screamed. "SISSY! SISSY!" She ran off. "Was that who I think it was," Diego asked.

"I don't know. Who the hell do you think it was?" "Vanya. My sister."