chapter 1 rewritten

Niall's pov

I was woken up by the ringing of my phone, I groan as I sit up and my back cracks due to the horrible mattress I sleep on. I reach to grab my phone and flip open my phone to answer. Yes I have a flip phone cause I can't afford something better. "Yeah?" I mumble into my phone in a sleepy annoyed matter "NIALL NIALL NIALL!" Liam. "what do you need lima?" I say while rolling my eyes "Let's go shopping Niall please?" I bite my lip while thinking for a second, I will just not buy anything "Yeah ok" Liam cheers and tells me that he will pick me up in 10 minutes before hanging up the phone.

I quickly changed my clothes and groan when I look outside and see that it's raining "Great" I mumble while looking in my closet for a thicker sweater but I don't have one nor do I have a jacket. This will just have to do then.

As I'm putting my shoes on I hear a car honking outside and I just know that it's Liam so I run out of my apartment and jog down the stairs to Liam's car, I open the door of his car and literally climb in. "where is your jacket buddy?" Liam asks softly as if he doesn't wanted to offend me "oh uhh I forgot it but I'm fine let's just go lima". he gives me a suspicious look but doesn't say anything about if thankfully.

I've never told Liam that I'm quite literally broke. I'm working 2 jobs at the moment just to pay rent and some food. I work at a library and I clean a school once the kids and teachers are gone. Both jobs aren't real money makers but I'm not qualified for anything else. Oh how I wish I could just work for some big important company but who in their right mind would hire someone like me.

Liam however has more then enough money and he loves spending it and I just don't want him to stop being my friend over something as stupid as money.

"We are here!" Liam cheers, I swear this guy loves shopping a bit too much. We get out of the car and walk around, Liam sometimes pulls me into a store to look at some stuff while I'm just awkwardly stood there.

Liam has bought quite a lot of stuff, he can barely carry the bags. "let's go eat somewhere! I look at Liam with a panicked look "uhm I'm not really hungry" well that's a lie I'm always hungry... "Come on Niall I'm really hungry" Liam gives me his puppy eyes and I hesitantly nod.

We walk into a restaurant and it looks very fancy making me feel out of place. We sit down at the table and Liam orders some coke while I just order some basic water.

I look at the menu and feel my eyes water, I can't why is everything so expensive. I don't belong here "i have to go to the toilet" I mumble while already walking away. I'm so focused on not breaking down crying that I didn't notice the door to the toilets open making me walk into a hard chest and fall to the ground.

I don't dare to look up at the person I just walked into in fear of that person being mad at me "o-oh my I'm so sorry sir" I say while not being able to control my tears anymore. "hey hey no need for tears little one, let's get you up okay?" I feel two strong hands around waist pulling me up making me gasp, once I'm standing I look up at the guy that helped me up and I can't help but gasp. I've never seen someone that beautiful.

He must have noticed me staring cause he's smirking at me. "Now tell me boy why where you crying?" I look down and play with my fingers "W-well I just can't really afford any of the food here at the moment" I mumble. "then why are you even here?" he asks while rolling his eyes. I shrug. "well watch where you are going next time" I nod and watch the beautiful man walk away.

I calmed myself down and walk back to the table to see that Liam isn't there, he did leave a note saying that he had to go because he had to pick his sister up which he had forgotten and that he was sorry.

I walk out of the restaurant after paying for the coke and water with the money that was for todays food. I sit down on the curb with a huff, how am I gonna get home? It's too far to walk but I think that that's my only option. I get up and take a step back and hit yet again another hard chest. "You really have the habit of walking into people huh" says the same man that I walked into earlier, I turn around and see him staring at me with a a smirk with a slightly smaller but yet very intimidating man next to him.

"I'm really sorry sir I didn't realize that someone was behind me" I say while hugging myself because to be honest it's really cold "where is your jacket?" the smaller man asks in an annoyed tone. I frown "I uhm forgot to bring one sir" "hmm ok then." The man says looking not convinced.

Both males look me up and down making me feel uncomfortable "I have to uhm go home" I'm about to walk away when the taller man grabs my wrist "wait let us drive you home" I shake my head cause I don't know them and what if they kidnap me and sell me on the black market?!

"You are gonna let of drive you to your fucking home" the smaller man practically growls out making me shiver, I nod slowly and let the taller man pull me along to their car. It's a very big and very expensive car, I don't deserve to be in that but before I could argue I'm already pushed into the car, this is basically kidnapping right?

They also get in and the smaller one gives me his phone "type your address" I stare at the phone in shame "I-I don't know how to use that sir" the taller one turns around and looks at me in confusion"it's 2015 who doesn't know how to use a phone?!" I blush and look down in shame and tell my address so the man can put it in himself.

The car ride is so awkward, I can feel them looking at me and I'm just trying my best to avoid their stares.

We finally arrive to my apartment building and they just look at the building in shock and disgust and I know exactly why. It's honestly horrible. "well uhh this is my stop thank you for the ride" I open the door and slip out of the car.

"Kid wait the fuck up" The smaller man gets out of the car as well and hands me a card "please consider calling me or my husband if you are in need of a good paying job" I gasp "thank you sir that means a lot" I smile at him but look down when I see him smirking down at me. "Also tell me your name name so I know not to hang up when you call" "my name is Niall, Niall Horan" he nods and winks at me before getting into the car again.

I walk up to my apartment and lay down on my mattress. Today was so weird and they never even gave me their names.

:))))

~~~Renée