1) The Fall

WELCOME BACK, GUYS! HOW WAS THE EH, ONE MINUTE WAIT FOR THIS CHAPTER TO BE PUBLISHED? GOOD, GOOD... IT'S FRIKIN 3:37 AM IN THE MORNING, GIVE MY WEIRDNESS A BREAK. OOO, NOW IT'S 3:38!

PS: IT WOULD BE A SMART THING TO READ THE FIRST BOOK FIRST... I'VE HAD PEOPLE COMPLAIN ABOUT HOW CONFUSING MY STORIES ARE AND IT'S BECAUSE THEY'RE READING THE STINKIN SEQUEL FIRST! RANT OVER...

One year later...

~Tifa's POV~

"Eh, just give me the usual, babe," Reno waves me off dismissively. I nod and look at his silent partner, raising a questioning eyebrow.

"Same," he says flatly. Normally, the Seventh Heaven isn't open until ten a.m., but the Turks are considered friends around here, and so is Avalanche. Who says they can't have special treatment? It's not like I'm asleep at eight, so why does it matter?

"Still wearin that snazzy thing?" Reno gestures to my necklace after taking a sip. I look down at the charm of Cocoon and nod.

"Of course."

"Hmph. Well, he ain't here, and there's always the possibility you're single." I furrow my eyebrows.

"Reno, you'd probably have better luck asking a llama to go out on a date with you."

"No Sweetheart, wasn't asking for me," he drawls, lighting a cigarette much to my annoyance. Even Cid has the decency to go outside. I glance over at his bald friend, who sits silently, paying no attention to us.

"Sorry Rude," I sigh, shaking my head. He pretends not to hear. I hear a slight thump on the stairs and look up to see Cloud stumbling down tiredly. "Good morning, Cloud," I say cheerfully.

He mumbles something back that sounds like "G' mornin'."

"I already have your breakfast plate in the kitchen."

"Thanks," he yawns. Knowing now that Cloud is up, Marlene is sure to run down here any second for her breakfast before school. Sure enough, she appears not even a minute later.

"Hey Reno," she says with a happy smile. He cracks one of those half grins at her, used to the girl coming down every morning. "Are you still sleepy?"

"What?" He furrows his eyebrows.

"Never mind," she smiles and shakes her head. Then she looks at me. "When's the next time Daddy's coming here?"

"I don't know," I shake my head. She nods and grabs her lunch off the counter. Outside, the bus honks loudly, probably waking everyone on the block up along with warning the kids to hurry. "Hey, you didn't eat!"

"Not hungry!" She calls back, rushing out the door. I groan and rub my temples. Second graders.

"You okay?" Cloud raises an eyebrow at me.

"Yeah, yeah," I brush him off. "Just a headache."

"Oh man, Tseng's gonna kill me," Reno sighs, pushing back one loose sleeve to look at his watch. "Cmon Rude. I don't need another pay cut this week."