Chapter V: Sudden Clash: Rough or Romantic?

As she left the room, Joey felt a relaxing sensation over her body. Her burden is lifted and it felt light and wonderful as if a thorn was taken off from her throat. Her face brightened up with a smile. Suddenly, a man grabbed her and pushed her on the wall. His strong grip hurt so bad bruising her and is if nailing his fingers beneath her skin. Slowly, she opened her eyes. Terrified! It was Billy. His expressive green eyes glared at her as if saying no one can save her from his wrath. They stared silently at each other for a minute while catching deep breaths. Billy said breaking the silence, "Is that how you treat your fiancé? Humiliating him in front of the public? Slapping him pretending you never enjoyed the kiss?" His lips curled while leaning closer. Still shocked, Joey forced to move muscle. She pushed him away. "Take your hands of me you freak! I'm not your girlfriend so stay away from me!" she cried her voice trembling with fear. Her words made the crowd react teasing them with cheers. She blushed. Billy enjoyed the moment. He felt regaining his Mr. Heartthrob image. Gesturing to kiss her, she suddenly closed her eyes as if getting ready for a passionate contact. Billy giggled, loosening his grip and finally releasing her. The crowd laughed and Joey felt embarrassed as if she assumed that he really wanted her. She stared at him fiercely and teary eyed. He looked at her while laughing uncontrollably. A guy stepped forward and smirked making the crowd's laugh more intense "Bro I think she's waiting for her second kiss?" Her face turned red in embarrassment. Not wanting to hear more, Joy rushed through the corridor making her way out of the campus.

His phone rang and he answered the call at once. "Hello! How did it go?" his friend asked. "Oh! Thanks for the tip. It went great... just like we planned," he replied. "Good. I'll see to it that the next one will run smoothly. I'm hanging up. Bye!" The call ended. His eyes flashed with excitement, "It's show time, babe!"

Joey could hardly believe what happened. She kept on convincing herself that everything happened that day is just a nightmare. As she touched her lips, she recalled the scene in the classroom and in the hallway. She could feel Billy's tender lips next to hers... his warm breath whispering to her as they kissed... his tongue digging her mouth... even his teasing gestures that deceived her... it all went to her head driving her insane and weak. "That damn jerk! I wish I never felt so sorry for him! He deserved what happened to him that night! He deserves worst than that!" Her body began to tremble. She could hardly control her temper. Her face remained red. She wanted to kick him... to strike him with shit on his face like what she did at the party.

As she walked, she passed by a convenient store and saw two old men drinking beer. She wanted to have one. Perhaps, it may help her forget about the commotion or lessen the shame she had experienced. She bought one and finished the drink in an instant. She realized she wanted more so she bought more. After consuming 5 cans of beer, she felt the alcohol taking over her. Her vision got blurry and everything seems spinning. She could barely walk. She noticed how tipsy she had been. She felt her body almost burned in heat. She tried to focus but her body is too weak. All of a sudden, a bright light appeared before her hurting her eyes. Then she saw someone coming but the light blinded her. After few seconds everything went black.