Chapter X: Memory: Don't Play With Me

His stares drove her crazy. She spaced out ---- fantasizing her dream... Ken next to her... holding her in his arms... his face drawing closer... his lips moving next to hers. She felt bizarre, as if her heart will burst in joy. "Joey... Hey, Joey! We are here... come on!" Ken grinned. "Oh! Are we? Sorry..." she replied regaining her sense.

Looking around, Joey felt uneasy about the place. The dome seemed not interesting and lifeless. They entered a dark room and Ken asked her to wait at the corner. Few seconds later, the lights went on. Breathless! Her eyes sparkled at the flawless ground covered in ice... "This is a skating ring" she sighed. "Do you know how to skate?" Ken asked as he approached her holding two pairs of skates and gloves. She shook her head. "I think I can teach you that," he continued.

Ken helped her put on the gloves and skates. Showing her some moves, he swayed lifting up his legs and making a spin. "Come on!" he uttered while reaching out for her. "This will be easy, I swear..." Joey joined him in the ring. The floor was too slippery. Her legs wobbled then she stumbled to the ground. She tried to get up but it was difficult. She can't manage to stand without support. She struggled as she continuously slipped in the icy surface. Ken helped her get to her feet and slowly guided her ----- teaching her how to balance her body. All of a sudden, a swift crash distracted Joey and she fell once more.

"What are you doing to my cousin?" Arianne shouted as she approached them. Her voice sharp and her face cross. "Hey guys! What's  up? Wanna play hockey?" a guy shouted as he landed on the ring followed by another medium built guy. Arianne helped Joey stand and assisted her to the bench. "Yeah!" Kevin shouted in excitement. "By the way, we have a visitor. I think you know her." he continued. The two guys moved closer to Joey. "Hi! I'm George Stevens. Nice to meet you Julia!" he uttered, offering for a hand shake. Joey shook his hand and replied "Joey... you can call me that." "Nice nick..." the other guy interrupted. "By the way, I'm Louie... Louie Fox, at your service..." he grinned. Louie bowed before the ladies and took Joey's hand to kiss it. She grabbed her hand before his lips touched it. She froze, speechless. Arianne lost her composure, "You freak!" knocking Louie down, "Don't you ever dare do that to my cousin!" "What's the matter? It's just a gentleman's way of introducing his self..." Louie groaned. "Hey guys! Chill! Pal, have you forgotten? She's engaged to Billy. Sorry for that, Honey," George snapped.

As they continued their conversation, Joey felt a sudden chill in her spine. Their voices seemed familiar as if she heard them before. Then, a memory played to her mind... the day she got drunk. "The driver... George's voice and driver's sounds alike" she thought staring at them. Then, the memory played over and over... "I think she's awake... are we close?" "Here we are, Honey. Don't be so excited." "Be careful with her." "She's quite heavy." "Perhaps her diet is ruined. I saw her pig out at the party." "Was it really her? She looks different. I can't believe she caught my eye that night ---- she was so stunning but now she looks sooo.... Ah! Never mind! I wander why Bil..."

"The girl... was it really Yan? The guys who pulled me out of the car, was it Louie? But who is the other one?" Joey thought. Then, she gazed on the group playing hockey. Her eyes caught a sight of Kevin, and then a dazzling light struck her eyes making her vision of him vague. She remembered throwing up on the other guy who carried her and positioned her on a cold, hard surface. She felt the tingling sensation more disturbing. "The resemblance!" she thought, "He resembled like Ken..."