Chapter XI: An Offer: Take It or Leave It?

Joey find it so disturbing, "Why will my cousin do that? What are they planning to do with me?" She sighed, "At least, they did not hurt me. Billy even drove me home safe..." A thought of Billy came to her in an instant. She recalled the jacket he wore that night. She recalled him saying she threw up on him. "That's it! I'm going to figure this out! You owe me an explanation, Billy Roberts!"

After the dismissal, Joey grabbed Billy's hand. He frowned, "What's the matter?" "Can I have a word with you? Alone..." she answered softly. Billy took her to a fast food chain and ordered fries, cheeseburgers, nuggets and sodas. "Here!" offering her snacks. "So, what is this all about, huh?" he continued as he sat in front of her. "I think I should be asking you that, shouldn't I?" she said dryly. Billy's lips curled. "What the hell are you talking about? Go straight to the point?" he said irritated. She leaned forward meeting his gaze, "You planned it, don't you? You, Yan, Ken, Louie and George... you planned everything that happened the night when I got drunk." she said firmly. Avoiding her gaze, he said, "This is absurd! I don't know what you're talking about." She simpered, "It wasn't your jacket, right? It was Kevin's! I vomited on him before you picked me up. You wore it to cover your tricks, didn't you?" He couldn't believe what he heard. "How did she know about it? She never met them before? No one ever told her... No! Not Yan!" he thought. He faked a smile. "What tricks? I think you need to rest... you're becoming delirious" he chuckled. Her eyes looked sharper. He began to get nervous. He sipped his drink, leaned back and breathed deep, "All right! All right! I lost... you are right. Now, what?" "So simple. Tell me everything about it."

"Now, I got it! Do you still love my cousin?" Joey asked as she finished her fries. Shocked, Billy choked, accidentally spitting his drink. He doesn't know what to say. He stared at her for a moment wide eyed. "What? I'm asking if you still love Arianne. Stop acting foolishly!" she grinned. "So what? Will it matter if I admit that I still love her? That I want her back?!" he yelled. "Let's stop this nonsense. I'll convince my parents. So better talk to yours. Besides, we are not boyfriend/girlfriend and this engagement of ours is absolutely sickening..." she muttered. "Are you out of your mind? Do you know the consequences this stupid idea of yours might bring?" he protested. She glared at him. Billy turned his gaze to the manager of the fast food chain. He is explaining the terms written in a legal sized paper to his staff or whoever it was, then, an idea came to his mind. "Let's put everything in writing, shall we?" he said leaning closer to Joey. "Let's make a deal!" he beamed.

After school, they went to Billy's house and merged their terms in a written agreement. Both signed the contract and promised to fulfill whatever is written on it. "Never fall for me, Babe, cause I will never catch you..." he teased. She shot back in anger, "Oh Yeah Mr. Feeler! Don't worry, you're not my type..." She flipped her hair touching Billy's nose. The mild sweet scent of her suddenly aroused him.

==============================================================
Hi guys! How did you find the story? I will be glad to know your opinion so please feel free to comment. Your constructive opinions will help improve the scenario.

I apologize for my lapses (typo and grammatical error in case you have noticed). I hope such lapses will not affect your interest in reading the story.

Thank you.