Chapter 11

"Friends share secrets. That's what keeps us close."
                                    - Sara Shepard

Angelica

I could hear the soft crunch of the leaves as we walked towards the building of our next class.

The mindless chatter of my friends became animated as I consciously purse my lips making the memories from yesterday come rushing back.

"It is, just not right now."

His words so simple but held so much more meaning than he is letting on.

I flinched and pulled away from his touch, not because I was disgusted but because it scared me of how good it felt.

"You can't just do that." I mutter, taking a few steps away from him.

"Then tell me."

"What?" I asked confused.

He took a few step towards me. His eyes like a lion stalking his prey.

I jumped when my back hit the door and his hands made their way next to my head. My heart raced as he leaned down and put his face closer to mine.

"If you tell me now that you don't feel anything or the slightest bit of attraction towards me, I'll leave you alone." He declared, all  serious

The close proximity wasn't helping me. I could feel his breath on my face. His lips that were just on mine were so close I co- snap out of it girl!

"Well?" A knowing smirk on his face making me blush.

My eyes snapped to his. How am I suppose to answer that? Even Im not sure how I feel about him. He makes my heart race, always seem to be there for me, his embrace makes me feel safe but I hardly know him.

You want to know him though.

Oh shush. Then there's also the fact that he's my teacher, I don't know if I've emphasized that enough.

"I.."

Suddenly my phone rang at my back pocket. I quickly pulled it up and saw that Hailey was calling.

"Hello?" I breathed.

"Girl where on earth are you? We've been here for almost an hour. This group project isn't gonna finished itself."

"Yeah, Sorry. I lost track of time. Im on my way." I quickly ended the call before she could answer.

I looked at Mr. Wilson and saw that he had an unreadable expression on his face. I ducked under his arms and grabbed my bag from the couch.

He grabbed hand and stared straight at me. "Think about it."

As I looked at his face I couldn't come up with some lame excuse.

"I don't know."

He turned to talk  but I held my hand up.

"Im sorry, I don't think I can handle this right now." A lame excuse.

I quickly walked to the door and gave him one last look before walking out.

Now Im here thinking about what happened over and over. I didn't know what to do. I couldn't lie and tell him that I wasn't attracted to him one bit, he would see right through me. I needed someone to push me in the right direction. Any direction.