Third Wave

Ren's POV

After discussing with my party that the best thing to do is to protect the villagers instead of boss-rushing, I went to the location where the heroes meet.

"Ren-senpai!" Says Itsuki.

"But you are older than me, Itsuki..." I say to him with a sweatdrop.

"Ah, it's true...it's because you look so experienced with this..."

"It's not like that. I am immature and have zero knowledge about this World. But, it's not time to focus about chit-chat. They are coming." I say to the other heroes.

"Well, I have a plan. Let's debilitate the boss until the villagers are safe and, after we fend off the monsters in the town, we can finish the boss." I say.

Most people agree, but Naofumi's party doesn't.

"I saw what you can do, Ren. But I won't work with the Bow and Spear." Said Naofumi.

"Well, you should learn to work together. When the bigger waves come, your childish fights can end up in a very bitter end for all of us." I said, but Naofumi just shook his head.

"I understand your opinion, but no." Said the Shield Hero.

I sighed and nodded.

"Then, how about Spear and Bow boss-rush? Then, me and Shield can protect the village. To be honest, their attack power is more than enough to keep Naofumi safe at tanking, but I want to be there to support them." I say to them.

All of them nod and the wave is going to start.

Ake, me, Krastyel and his comrades get added to Naofumi's party and together the ten of them are transported to the Wave.

A hoard of Goblins and Beastmen from the Wave are attacking a lone villager whom they save and inform about the villagers who were evacuated to a safe location and that he should be there. 

I launched a powerful sword combo to obliterate the hoard, and it works flawlessly.

After 5 hours of me not breaking a sweat to destroy the monsters, I asked Naofumi a question.

"Why are Motoyasu and Itsuki taking so long?" I ask to Naofumi.

"I don't know. We only have one choice. Since the Wave is being destroyed, it's time to fight the Boss."

The group spots a ghost ship flying through the air and sees Itsuki taking shots at the ship's figurehead with the rest of his party. Itsuki explains that attacking the figurehead will force the Soul Eater into spawning out, but Motoyasu and his party are on board the ship looking for the boss.

Arriving at the ship, Naofumi and me see the Royal Soldiers group fight an endlessly reviving Skull Captain while Motoyasu's group are facing off against a Krakken's tentacles. 

"Hey, you two. You need to work together a bit more." I say to them.

Narrator's POV

Their disagreements over which enemy they should prioritize lead to them fighting each other as much as the monsters.

Ren scolds the Heroes for their childish behavior while Naofumi's blocking shots from both monsters they were fighting, stating that if they don't stop treating this like a game, then they are all going to die.

Looking at the Skull Captain, Ren realizes there's something hiding in it's shadow and asks Raphtalia to hit it with light magic.

Thanks to which, the Soul Eater is forced out of hiding, though the Heroes' lightning-based attacks do little to damage it. 

This caused Ren and Filo to do the bigger damage, since they are really quick, with Ren doing a lot of special combos and Filo using wind kicks.

However, Naofumi realizes they've already wasted too much time and the other defenders are already too exhausted to keep going for much longer.

But, when he's about to use the Rage Shield, he's cut off by the death of the Soul Eater.

He sees that Ren and Filo made a combo against the Soul Eater, destroying it completely.

"Ah, that was tough. Well, congratulations, we did it." Said Ren in a tired tone.

"Good job, Ren!" Said Filo, high-fiving Ren before he blacked out.

END OF CHAPTER