26:The Perfect Date

John's pov
"What's with you, John? I swear you look at the clock every five seconds." Martha asks me.

"I've um, got a date." I said. "Don't tell dad."

"Why? Because you hella gay. We been knew this." She smiled. I rolled my eyes. "I won't, I'm kidding. With who, Alex?"

"W-what? No! Why would you think that?"

"Because y'all eye fuck each other." She replied and I felt my face flush.

"I-its not. He doesn't like me like that. It's with this boy Francis, I met at the Halloween Party."

"How does Alex feel about this?"

"Happy for me? Eee! I don't know why you're asking."

Martha sighs, "Never mind. Have fun on your date." She walks away. That was weird. The doorbell rang and I jumped off the couch. I walked over to the door and opened it with a smile.

"Hey, Francis."

"Hey, John. Ready to go?" I nod and close the door behind me.

"...So, where are we going?" I asked.

"Well, I was thinking we could grab some ice cream then walk around the park." He shrugged. He looked down at me with a smile and I blushed slightly. We got to his car, him opening the door for me and started driving. After about 15 minutes we got to their place called Chill... The milkshake place.(This is a real place by my house and they have the best milkshakes ever! They have cookies, waffles w/ice cream, ice cream and milkshakes) Inside I look at the menu, deciding what I want. Everything looked amazing. I look back up to see Francis watching me.

"What?"

"Nothing...just you're adorable." I blush, shaking my head and look back at the menu. After some time, a lot longer than I like to admit, we order and sit down at a booth. I ordered a Cotton Candy milkshake with sprinkles and a peanut butter cookie. Francis ordered chocolate ice cream with M&Ms. I haven't even got my food yet and it was already a great date. Francis is really nice and also really cute. He even payed for my food, even though I insisted to pay for my own food. I haven't even ticked, which is honestly amazing, because if I accidentally knocked food on him or something, I would..die.

"So, John, what do you do for fun?"

"Mm..I like to draw.—Eee!—And cook!" I say, loudly. Realizing how loud I was, I dropped my head. Francis chuckled, smiling at me. I continue, "It can kinda get hard with my tics and all but I still love it." I mutter.

"Maybe you could show me some of your art sometime." He says.

"Ok. Sure, yeah, sounds good." I push a strand of my curly hair behind my ear. (COUGH Debby Ryan COUGH)I never really show my art to people. It's just kinda private and also lowkey can't take a complement because I just push it off or don't say anything. Just then someone called our names and Francis walked to the counter, grabbing our order.

"Thanks. Beep, beep!" I say, grabbing my milkshake.

"No problem." He says. I take a sip of my milkshake. And it is freaking delicious!

"This is so good!" I say, slurping my drink. Francis laughs and nods.

"Yeah. They have pretty good dessert here." After some more talking and laughing, we finished our food and start heading out. We got into the car and headed down the street to some park where he said had a nice walking path.

Walking through the park, we talked quietly about anything and everything. He was so easy to talk to. I really like him. He didn't look at me like I was crazy and held my hand. He really is amazing and this was the perfect date.

Maybe dating him will get my mind off of Alex....

A/N Sorry I haven't posted in a while... I kinda got grounded😬buuuut I'm back!