43: Run Away

Mina's POV

~5:43 PM~

I stuffed my sweaters, jogging pants, undergarments, coats, shoes inside my luggage. I zipped it up and dragged my luggage downstairs, exiting my mansion.

I put the luggage inside the trunk and hopped inside the drivers' seat. I huffed out a sigh as I started the engine and drove away.

Once again, I felt tears forming on my eyes causing my eyesight to be blurry. I quickly wiped it off so I won't be distracted in my driving.

I know I'm not in the right state of mind.

But Everything is too painful.

I need peace.

Jeonghan's POV

It's been a two or an hour since Mina had left. I suddenly felt upset about her, she just suddenly left me after that session. I understand that she uses me for comfort, but now that I think about it, it kind of pains me.

I know our boundaries, but what I don't understand is that why am I in such pain when I think about it. I tried shrugging it off, but I can't. Maybe because I deeply care about her? I don't know.

I exhaled air sharply as I heard a knock from the door, followed by a loud pounding.

"Coming!"

Geez, can't this person wait?

"Oh Mina! What-" I was cut off when she suddenly hugged me.

"Jeonghan!" She sobbed as I felt her arms wrapped around my body tightly, as if she's yearning for this hug.

I felt numb, frozen on my spot, still shocked because of her out of blue appearance.

"Please come with me" Her pleading, cracking voice whispered as I pulled away from the hug, only to be greeted by her red, puffy eyes.

"Wh-What happened?" I asked, not knowing what to do upon seeing her surprising state.

She's sobbing weakly.

"I-I just need someone to be with me. Even for just a week" She sobbed as I stared at her who was avoiding eye contact with me.

"Y-You know what, i-it's fine if you don't wanna come, this is nonsense, s-sorry for bothering you-" She was about to walk away, but I pulled her into a tight embrace.

"No, I'll come with you."

***

"So where are we going?" I asked as I hopped inside her car.

"To Daegu" She said as she started the engine and drove away. The sound of air condition was the only thing I could hear, it was a very awkward silent car ride, but then my eyes landed on the radio.

"Mind turning on the radio?" I asked for permission.

"Not at all" she responded, not sparing a glance. I turned on the radio and it was playing 'Me Like Yuh' by Jay Park which was an upbeat, chill song that she could probably enjoy.

I smiled a little as I saw her nod her head a bit to the beat of the song. I'm glad she's enjoying this, but I'm more glad that she stopped crying.

Suddenly, I felt something vibrating in my pocket. I tok a glance at it and saw my dad's name.

"Aren't you gonna answer that?" Mina asked, still not sparing a glance.

Tsk, he's probably out of money.

"It's not important" I declined the call and turned off my phone so he wouldn't be able to disturb me.

Mina's POV

This drive will take like two to three hours, but it depends on the traffic condition. It's night time and I guess our car travel hours would be shorten since there isn't a lot of people traveling at night.

"Let's eat a for a while, I'm getting hungry" I said as I parked the car at a diner that was open 24/7.

"Sure" Jeonghan said as we hopped out of my car and the cold gust of the wind immediately greeted our skins.

"Gee, that was cold" I said as I felt chills running through my spine.

"It's already winter season tho" Jeonghan responded as we got inside the diner.

We sat down at a vacant spot and immediately the waaiter approached us, asking for our orders. We took a quick look at the menu and told the waiter our orders, as if we had planned everything we would eat.

"By the way, where are we staying? And how long?" Jeonghan asked

"At my beach house and for a week"

"For a week?!" He exclaimed with widened eyes as I calmly nodded my head.

"What?" I asked as I stared at him who still looks shocked.

"Don't we have work to do?" He asked

"Of course, but Soonyoung will be the one to take care for the winter collection." Every year, We would release new collection of clothes for Christmas.

Seventy percent of our profit will be Donated to the orphanage and for the poor. We would also give free sweaters, coats, gloves to them, so they would be able to get through this winter.

I started this project ever since I reigned as the CEO. Dad didn't like it because he thinks I might lose money on this, but I didn't listen to him 'cause I wanna help from the bottom of my heart.

"I was kind of curious" I got back to my senses when Jeonghan spoke.

"Why did you chose to go with me? Instead of your other friends like...Jihoon?" He asked as the waiter came, putting down plates of sandwiches, chips and smoothies.

"I don't know" I answered as I shrugged my shoulders.

Jeonghan was the first one I've thought earlier so I followed my mind and went to his house. Plus, Jihoon is always busy with his work as an artist and I can't just bother him that easily.

"Really? That's your response?" He scoffed.

"Uhm, yeah? What do you expect me to answer then?" I asked as I took a chip and put it into my mouth.

"Nothing" his face flushed red as he looked away

"I thought maybe you love me now though" I heard him muttered under his breath as he took the chips and started eating.

"What'd you say?"

"Nothing!" He said as he looked away, I can't help, but to smirk at him.

What was that?

I'm pretty sure I heard it clearly.

Does he like me? Because if yeah, then that's cute.

"Let's keep eating, otherwise we might not be able to reach our destination fast" I said

"Yep, I know"