Chapter 3

I'm anxiously sitting in the big room my hands drenched in sweat waiting for my name to be called this could finally be my big break after all those years of hard work .I look at the clock and it says I've been  here for two hours now

I look at the lady besides me she looks so professional with her suit and her hair tied to perfection. She wasn't even blinking it's like she already knew she had this job , compared to me she was very confident

"Miss Tebogo your next " relieved I stand up fixing my pencil skirt making sure that I looked presentable enough so maybe I can get the job, I make my way to the entrance  of what seem like a board room I see two people sitting towards me and I sit at the far end .

"So miss Tebogo why do you want to work for us "wow I thought  they were going to ask me about my  studies and where I went to school or what are my qualities that's the kind of questions I was up all night practicing.

"Well , first of all this company is one of the biggest law firms and it has won best law firm of the year five times in a row..." the lady who was wearing  a shirt two times smaller than her size which was clear because her Boobs was out for everyone to see, rudly cut me off .

"Are you stupid or something  we obviously know all those things answer the question " if looks could kill I would be dead by now

"As I was saying before I was rudely cut off this company stands for people like me ,people who one day want to be someone big in this industry as we all know as black people we aren't given the opportunities we deserve  but this company ensures a future for every black person who is willing and is focused  like me I worked very hard to be number one at school and if I am employed I will work hard to be number one here " I finish my little speech hoping that what I said was enough to lend me a job here because I'm tired of being an intern .

"Well miss you were recommended by one of the top ex lawyers in the country 
We know all there is to you and I'm safe when I say I think we found what we were looking for " The lady that cut me off earlier looked against this decision but I hope she won't influence the decision.

"Well miss we are happy to say welcome to our company you start in a month "

==================================================================

I got home  and told my friend Lucy the good news as always she popped a bottle of champagne and forced me to drink wow she always wins when it comes to getting me to do stuff .

"So friend since your going to finally live your dream I think the next thing on your list should be looking for a man" there she goes again advising me to get a man when I don't clearly need one .

" or are you saving your v card  for your husband"

"Nope that means nothing  to it's just I haven't found a guy appealing enough to touch my body You know how easily disgusted I get and plus I'm too busy and focused to entertain any guy " I say sipping in my second glass of wine ,

That was a lie I cared and somewhere deep down i was waiting for my husband no matter how not religious I may claim to be but I grew up like this my whole life ,where the sisters at the missionary school tried to convince us to be nuns but I wanted more with my life .