chapter 18

Tebogo's POV

It's been two days since I met with everyone, I thought that by now, they would say it was all a silly joke, but no, no one called to even try to crush the ice .And I've been like a zombie every morning for the past two days. Tau has come into my room and feeds me soft porridge.

Anything else I eat comes out . My eye colour has changed to yellow now, even when someone tries to speak to me. I can't hear them it's like I'm in my own world . Even that dream where the lady with the golden eyes calls me has been resurfaced. This time, she is standing in the waterfall on Tau's property. She says, "Come to the water, and all shall be revealed .

So I decided to go to the waterfall where sister Mary has told me never to go. I wrote a letter saying I'm going to the waterfall .I walked there for close to ten minutes, and i looked at the water. I stepped in the water, and my eyes shined a bright white . I saw the lady signaling me to go with her. I followed her deep into the water .

Surprisingly, I didn't even have to hold my breath. I could breathe in water amazing , and we kept swimming till we reached dry land .

"Bamaketše my child I know you are wondering why you are here well I don't have time ,your life is in danger you have to go with Tau to introduce your unborn child so that the Lerumo ancestors can protect you from all evil . When you get there you have to ask Lerumo to take you to the great waters of the kingdom where you will connect with both the Letlape and lerumo ancestors there you will be told more " just like that I saw sharks swimming to my sides at first I thought they were going to eat me but they helped me get to the land quickly.

I ran to the house as quickly as I could and packed all my clothes that I had, and I packed a bag for Tau and a weeks worth of clothes. I dressed in the African way when you go see your in-laws, and I patiently waited for Tau to come back from work .

As soon as he opened the door I went to him and hugged him . "Tau, we have to go now before it's too late. Our baby is in danger," I said

"Whoa, slow down, go where ." He slowed me down.

"Go introduce the child to your ancestors so they can protect him. " I say .

"Wait, I have to pack I a few stuff." i pull him back .

"Tau, all you need is in your bag. Now let's go." I pulled him.

"Hey Patrick, I'm traveling home........ yes ...... ok." Then, just like that, went to the Lerumo kingdom .

_______________________________________

After a long journey we arrived when we got off the private jet and I saw people a lot of people singing. And a man in animal skin praising their prince happy to see him. Tau and I got separated, and everything was happening so fast .

We drove a long way, and we got to a gate that had big elephant tasks. We stopped, and I was told to stand by the gate only royal people could enter at that hour. Bloody royal rules I was standing by the gate for ten minutes. You know what? I'm tired of these rules I did not even believe in . I went through the gate, and someone was running towards me, trying to stop me .

I passed through the gate with no problem, and the lady stopped. She kneeled down." I'm sorry, your majesty. I thought you were just a commoner."

"Where is Tau?" I asked .

"Well, your majesty, he is behind you." I looked behind me and saw a very confused Tau looking at me weirdly.

"How did you get in?" For someone so clever, he can be so slow sometimes .

"I got in through the gate . How else would I come in ?"I asked, surprised at his silly question.

"Well, any way I was going to ask my father to bring down the... anyway, let's go now that you are here. " I follow him to the throne room .

"Sunset greetings the great king of the Lerumo kingdom." Tau greets his father.

"Sunset greetings the great prince of the Lerumo kingdom," His father greeted back . This was very odd for me to experience, I did not know what I had to do .

"Which kingdom is this lovely girl you're with from?" his father asks .

"Well, she comes from PTA," he says, his father reaction changing .

"How did she get in through the gate?" There is that question again, what is it with the gate that I wasn't supposed to go through.

"Well, I don't know how she got through," Tau said.

"Young lady, how did you go through the gate?" The king finally speaks directly to me.

"I simply took my two feet and walked through the gate just like how everyone in the world does,"I say I unsure of my answer .

"Young lady, I'll kill you. If you don't tell me the truth , are you a witch ." This king insults me just like that, and Tau says nothing.

"God forbid me a witch , kanti what's wrong with the gate, just a simple gate. It wasn't even closed what's wrong, " I say, looking at them awkwardly , this place is weird.

"How dare you speak to the great king of the great Lerumo kingdom like that you little whore, son where did you get this thing from " Tau's father asked me .

"You know what Tau I'm going to sleep , the sooner the thing is done the better I'll get out of your father's face " I say irritated. And giving this rude king a side eye .

"Your father just called me a witch and your here just standing here like he said nothing wrong , it's either you do your thing or I'll go somewhere else " I say a bit irritated at Tau father .

He finally snapped and leads me in the house.