Chapter 3

Harry and Emberly looked where the door once was which was now replaced with a large man. By now everyone was awake and Uncle Vernon was holding a cannon. They all stared at the shadow with shock. He then placed the door back on the frame and went to sit down on the sofa beside Dudley who scurried away to his mother.

"An' here's Harry and Emberly!" said the giant

They both looked at each other in shock. How did this giant know their name Emeberly thought.

"Las' time I saw you, you both were only babies. Yeh looks a lot like yer dad, but yeh've got yer mum's eyes and Emberly you look like yer mum, but yeh've got yer dad's eyes."

"I demand that you leave at once, you're breaking and entering!"

"Ah, shut up, Dursley, yeh great prune." said the giant.

He then reached for the gun Uncle Vernon held tightly in his hand and then bent it in a knot. Emberly giggled a bit but immediately stopped.

"Anyways - Harry I have a surprise for you. Very happy birthday to yeh. Got summat fer yeh here - I mighta sat on it at some point, but it'll taster all right."

The giant reached into his pocket and pulled out a box. Harry then slowly opened it, revealing a cake.

"Who are you?" Harry asked

Emberly then nudged him in the ribs indicating to thank him

"Ow, uh sorry thank you." he then corrected himself

The giant let out a chuckle and began speaking, "true, I haven't introduced myself. Rubeus Hagrid, Keeper of Keys and Grounds at Hogwarts."

He held out his hands and both kids shook it. He then began the fire which radiated heat filling Emberly with warmth. He pulled out a few sausages and began to cook them.

No one said anything, the only sound was the sizzling from the sausages and the fire crackling. Once the sausages were finished he handed them to Harry and Emberly. She didn't know how hungry she was until the aroma filled her nostrils. That day all she's eaten is half a banana.

"I'm sorry, I still don't know who you are."

"Call me Hagrid." he said "Everyone does. An' like I told yeh, I'm Keeper of Keys at Hogwarts - Yeh'll know all about Hogwarts, o course"

"Er - whats Hogwarts?" Emberly said.

"Sorry" she added. This was the most confused Emberly has been since this . What was this man talking about?

"Sorry?" He barked. He stared down the Dursleys who were still standing outside their room door.

"It's them who should be sorry! I knew yeh weren't getting yer letter Harry but I never thought yeh both wouldn't even know abou' Hogwarts, fer cryin' out loud! Did yeh never wonder where yer parents learnt it all?"

"All what?" Harry asked looking at Emberly.

"ALL WHAT?" Hagrid Thundered. "Now wait for jus' one second!"

He got to his feet and started cornering the Dursleys. "Do you mean ter tell me, these kids! Knows nothin' abou'- abou' ANYTHING?!

"Wait wait, we know stuff," Emberly said

"I can do maths and stuff so can Em'" Harry said.

He waved his hand at them in dismissal and said, "I'm mean about our world, I mean. Your world. My world. Yer parents' world."

They both shook their heads having no clue what he was talking about. "DURSLEY!" He boomed. He then turned around and continued to talk to the Potters.