5. Heartful

Kara Jarvis and Marsha Lyer sit comfortably on the living room couch with the television on, sometime in the 2 o'clock (a.m.) hour. Kara is typing away on her laptop about God-knows-what and Marsha is watching an Infomercial block on ABC Family about weight loosing. She didn't understand why she hadn't yet turned the channel, the remote was right next to her, but she felt herself being enthralled by the way to long commercial for some reason...a few seconds later she sighed.

Kara looked at her, "What's wrong?"

"Aah, it's just...nothing.."

"No, what is it." Kara said while she adjusted herself to face her friend completely.

Marsha looked at the TV again, "I mean, what if I need to build up a six-pack or something."

Her friend looked at her in a 'what you're saying is completely ridiculous' way. "Marsha, you're seventeen, why would you need abs?"

"Well," she huffed "It's weird to know that kids my age, without legs mind you, are freaking sports stars and I'm sitting on my couch at 2 am drinking hot chocolate!"

"Ah, hot chocolate, the most fating of the Hot Beverage Posse." Kara said sarcastically

"Oh, shut up." Marsha laughed then stopped "But what if when I'm 22 or something and it turns out I'm not fit enough, and when I'm 30-something if I have a kid and I begin to become increasingly fat throughout the years?"

"One, you're overthinking; two, who gives a shit?"

"I give a shit!"

"Why? I mean, not 'Why?' but you're naturally skinny, unless you seriously fuck up you won't be a candidate to die of a heart attack."

"So, you're saying fat people are automatically going to die from a heart attack?"

"No, that'd be ludicrous. Look, Marsh, all I'm saying is that you're freaking out over nothing."

"Sometimes, I feel like half the world is out to make the other half feel bad."

"Is this about the amputees again?"

"No, I don't have any actually have any reasoning for it...I guess that also falls under the 'Ludicrous' category, huh?"

Kara just chuckled. Marsha smiled softly and looked back at the TV; a 30 minute "special" on faith healing came on. Kara put on her earphones to block out the upcoming bull shit. These things didn't bother Marsha as much as it did her friend though, she did find it a bit off putting that people actually believed that and a number of other things. Marsha picked up the remote and turned to the next channel, thankfully Buffy the Vampire Slayer was on, she curled up on the couch and watched, trying to follow the episode.