Challenge Excepted

Some good old family fluff.
(They have a child in this called  Cherry)

This is what boredom made me start to write last night. Enjoy?

Warning:
-Implied sexual content

~~~~~~~~~~

"Any chance I can get some ass tonight?"

Blue stopped what he was doing for a moment, placing the plate back into the sink along with the sponge. He then proceeded to look behind him to where Red was standing.

"That was very... sudden?" Blue commented with a confused look.

Red chuckled, "Well what would you want me to do? Write you a letter informing you that your ass will be fully booked today?"

Blue sighed, "That's... not what I meant... and you know that." He turned around to continue washing the plates from the recent dinner.

Red walked closer to Blue so he was now against Blue's back. He wrapped his arms around Blue's waist as he hummed in response, "You still didn't answer my question, Sweetheart."

Blue rolled his eyelights, "You know, Cherry needs to be settled down for a early night due to my brother babysitting him tomorrow and I do have a longer work shift. I apologize, but I'd rather sleep tonight."

"Thought you liked challenges." Red stated, leaning his skull on Blue's shoulder.

Blue puts the now clean plate on the drying rack and looks at Red again, "Well then, if you're going to be this persistent, how about I give YOU a challenge instead. If you complete it, you can get what you want."
Red grinned, "Deal."

Blue placed the sponge down and turned around, making Red let go of him. He seemed to be thinking for a moment before smiling and folding his arms together, "Try to get Cherry setted down in bed AND asleep in less that 30 minutes."

Red laughed, "That's easy. You said it would be a challenge." All he's got to do is think as a simple, straight forward plan and then he's golden.

Blue giggled, "Of course you would think that. Though, you won't be thinking that when I say that your time starts... now"

Red was confused, "You serious?"

Blue grinned, "Of course I am. Now you better hurry, you're wasting precious time." He then turned back to the sink sassily.

Red gritted his teeth. He should have expected this. Cherry can be quite a cranky infant when it comes to bedtime; sometimes it feels like hours have passed until he's finally asleep, let alone settling him down.

"You are so getting it tonight..." He muttered under his breath, leaving the kitchen and into the sitting room.

Cherry was sat on the floor, glued to the TV where a kid friendly episode of Nabstation was being played. Red was actually quite surprised Cherry was where he last left him; he normally takes any chance to crawl away and to hide from sight. Now that he thinks of it, leaving him unattended was a bad idea, even though nothing happened.

Cherry seemed to have heard Red approaching as he looked over to his direction. When he saw Red, he showed his sharp teethed smile and let out a cheerful noise. Red chuckled at this and took a seat on the couch which made Cherry crawl over and try to climb up. That didn't seem to work so he let out a noise of frustration and looked up at Red asking for help.

Red looked down at Cherry, noticing the all familiar puppy eyes. This face was going to be the death of him some day. Over the years, Blue has gotten away with so much shit with that face and now he has to deal with another being with the same face. Red huffed and picked up Cherry, setting him down on his lap.

"Once this is done, you go to sleep." Red stated, pointing to the TV. It would get Cherry even more cranky to pull him away before the end. Also it seems like there is only 5 minutes left, so he'll still have quite a bit of time.

Cherry pouted, shaking his head frustratedly, seeming to be at a beginning of a tantrum.

Now, Red does not want to be dealing with that right now. If he wants to win this challenge he needs to think smart.

"It's either that, or bed right now."

Cherry seemed to get more angry at that.

Shit, that wasn't smart at all.

Red sighed irritatedly, bringing his hands to his face. He began to think again. What does Cherry want? How can they get what they both want? He can think of a solution, but Blue would probably not be happy with it.

Screw it.

Red faced Cherry, getting his attention, "Look, if I let you watch the rest of this and you go to sleep quickly, I'll give you some sweets tomorrow." This was probably a bad idea due to him most likely going on a crazy sugar rush afterwards, but it is something he has never said no to.

Cherry immediately stopped his tantrum while smiling excitedly and giggling.

"Alright, you better not tell Papa though, otherwise he won't let you." Red warned.

Cherry nodded with a grin, and once again faced the screen.

Nabstation didn't really make any sense to Red, but Blue and Cherry seemed to like it so he wasn't able to complain much. Though, he has to admit, after watching so many years of a killer robot in is old AU, it wasn't half bad.

It wasn't long until the episode had ended, this made Red stand up while also holding Cherry. Cherry whined, hitting Red's chest, signaling him to put him down. Red sighed at this and reminded him of their deal. He almost immediately went quiet.

They traveled up the stairs and into the infant's room. Red placed Cherry into his cot. Of course, it wasn't going to be that simple as Cherry began pointing over to the direction of the bookshelf at a specific book. Fluffy Bunny. Red still has about 15 minutes left on the timer so there was no reason to say no.

After the story had ended, Cherry was yawning, curled up in the blanket, eyes lidded. Red smiled softly, putting the book away, saying goodnight and quietly leaving the room.

Red smirked walking over to the kitchen. By this point, all the pots had been hand dried and put away in their areas. Blue was just sitting at the dining table on his phone, most likely playing some sort of game.

When Blue noticed Red appear, he smiled, "You gave up?"

Red chuckled, "How dare you assume that and no, he should be asleep now."

Blue just looked at Red for a second, a confused expression landed on his face taking in what Red just said, "...Really?"

"What? You really expect that I can't even put my own son to sleep?"

"No... It's just... I heard him so cranky only 10 minutes ago and now he's asleep?"

Red nodded and walked over to the dining table, "So anyway... as promised..."

He smaked his hand on the table making Blue jump.

"Take your clothes off."