Scars

Got this from a writing prompt

I thought it suited them quite well

This was the prompt:
'Them exploring each other's bodies, but not in a sexual way. Finding their different birthmarks, looking over each other's scars and sharing the stories behind them, running their hands over one another and just appreciating the feeling of the other person next to them.'

~~~~~

Blue was a curious monster.

From stories to facts to riddles and many other interesting things, he was always eager to know more. Knowledge is what he loved.

So when he first met Red during one of the annual Christmas parties, his attention immediately went to how different he looked compared to everyone else there. It wasn't often when he saw a skeleton quite like him, where everything was sharp. Claws, teeth and even the edges of the cracks on his skull look like they can give you a bad cut.

Despite all of his features and aggressive expression, it didn't stop Blue from going up to him to say hi and start a conversation. As expected, Red wasn't really happy about Blue's approach at first.

He had come to learn a lot of things about Red that day, but not exactly about the main thing he was interested in the most.

His scars.

Of course, he couldn't just go up to Red and ask 'why does your skull look like it been hit by a bat?'. That would be rude! So he stayed quiet, keeping his thoughts to himself.

From the time that Blue had spent with Red (surprisingly he manage to persuade Red to hang out with him again after the party), he had known that all of Red's scars were a touchy subject that he didn't like talking about. There had been a few times where Red had caught Blue starting and that ended up in slight awkwardness and a quiet apology from Blue.

Eventually, when they had started dating, he had been able to see a few more insights into what Red's world was like and began to piece things together.

He felt bad for him.

Nobody deserved to go through life like that, to live in fear. Blue did his best to support Red when things seemed to be going rough, knowing how Red's mental issues affected him and how he thought of himself. Blue needed to make sure he could help him as much as possible.

It's what he deserves.

As time went on, Blue's curiosity never stopped. Now that they were together, he should at least be able to ask, right? He'd been patient. Partners are meant to know everything about each other in an act of trust is what he's heard.

He just needed to find the right moment.

A moment where Red would be considerably relaxed.

And he thinks today may be the day to ask.

~

The two skeletons lay on Blue's bed in a soft embrace, their legs intertwined. Red laid flat on his back while Blue was on his side, his skull resting on Red's chest. Red's arm was currently wrapped around him, hand clung loosely onto Blue's side.

They had spent the day together, Red wanting a break from his world. Blue just planned something simple for them to do, spending the day in his home watching movies and enjoying each other's company. He had also persuaded the other to spend the night which is what brings them to Blue's room. They were both in nightwear well technically only Blue was. Red didn't take any clothes with him so he just opted to wear his shorts to bed.

Neither of them dared to move, too comfortable for that to be an option and not wanting to disturb the other.

That was until Blue moved his head slightly to look up at Red.