Chapter 28

Ayo

I read Sola's journal during the weekend and it's so sad how he hides all these emotions because of so many disappointments he faces and to make matters worse, he often blame himself.

I sighed as I finished the last paragraph of the write up he wrote last week. I put it in my bag and waited patiently for Ire to come out of his room.

Ire came out and stared at me like he wanted to say something.

"I'm sorry Ayo." He said almost immediately and tears broke out on his face. I was shocked at his reaction.

I let him sit down and tried comforting him but it seemed to be working.

"I find it so hard to forgive myself after everything." He said in a weak tone.

Did I really cut you like that?" He kept on staring at my hand he had cut. It was healed now, just a slightly visible scar.

"What do you mean? You didn't know anything that you did?" I glared at him in shock.

"I'll explain." He said nervously. Then he told me about what Jennifer did to him. I didn't know whether to be sad or happy about their "ending" relationship.

But I think Jennifer can help in this investigation.

✧.....✧

I walked into the classroom boldly and went to Tolu's seat where she sat with her head on her locker. I banged on her table harshly to get her attention.

She raised her head slightly and scoffed when she saw me.

"Nice to see you again as well but we need to talk." I answered the question in her mind.

"About what?" She raised both her brows at me. The class was a bit scanty so we didn't get anyone's attention hopefully.

"It's about Fola." I announced and she beat me with her eyes.

"How is that my problem exactly?" She asked again.

"Because you were dating him and close to him so I just want to ask a few questions." I stated my reason to her.

"And just so you know, it's about his involvement in drugs as well." I leaned in and whispered it a few centimeters away from her ear. She looked at me, horrified about the secret I just revealed to her.

"Let's go to D class. Now." She said, the horror in her face still evident as she walked to the class. I just smirked at how easy this thing was going to be and to get ready for the shock of my life.

****
D class is a term all students use for the empty class downstairs, people use it to hang out but there are a lot of rumors about "make out" sessions in this area.

"What do you know about it?" I asked Tolu who was trying to keep a neutral face.

"And why do I need to tell you?" She huffed.

What is wrong with this girl?

"Because very soon your boyfriend can be within prison bars." I said in an obvious tone.

Her facial expression changed as she realized my point.

"Fine." She said at last. I'll tell you what I know." She cleaned an empty chair with a tissue paper and sat on it, closing her arms and legs.

Why is she behaving like the Protagonist in Zee world series?

"Tade and Fola take drugs. Tade gets them while Fola is in his gang where he buys them. Jide found out and is being threatened not to tell." She began her explanation.

I gasped at the mention of Jide. No wonder he was avoiding people.

Tolu continued. "So Fola stole some and can't provide the drugs and the money for Tade, so they are fighting each other."

I was putting the pieces of the puzzle together but was snapped back into reality by Tolu.

"Anything else?" She asked.

"Who supplies the drugs to Tade?" I asked for the remaining one piece in the puzzle. It was fun playing detective.

"A girl in this school. I've forgotten the school but her name is Jennifer." She answered and that was enough information I needed.

"Yunno all about this and you are still with Fola?" I asked her again.

"Because I love him, isn't it obvious." She said in a duh tone. "And I know he will change, well I hope so." She sighed.

"Can't you do without him?" I stared at the girl in curiosity.

She blinks back at me and I can tell that she doesn't even know.

"Then why are you with him?" I kept on asking.

"What is your fucking business in my life? Are you much better than I am or have you gone through more shit than I have?" She said out of rage. I knew she had a history of bad tempers but this is quite scary.

"He makes me feel special, needed and loved and I can give up everything I have to be with him." She stated again, her voice very loud. Now I saw the problem, she has a low self esteem.

I continued stared at the Tolu in complete awe. I took out a seat, cleaned it and sat beside her.

"Can we talk about it in a more gentle and softer tone." I rubbed her back softly as she tried to calm down.

"That's all you need to know Ayo." She said, leaving me dumbfounded.

"I know he's a bad boy but I know he can change. I want him to change cause he means everything to me." Tears were flowing from her eyes.

"He only wanted to get close to you cause I couldn't give him sex but I later did but I messed it up when I kissed Micheal. Then he taught if I get close to Michael, He gets closer to you." She started pouring her heart out.

So let me get this straight. I was going to be used??

"But what's the point of being in a relationship if you're not fully happy?" I asked her and she looks away from me.

"Your worth is not in his hands, it's in yours." I grabbed her by the shoulder to make us have eye contact.

"You are amazing Tolu and no stupid boy needs to tell you that and yet treat you as nothing. You are not made for that." I told her while she bursted into tears in my shoulders.

"The only thing you need to know is how much value you are. To yourself and others." I kept on rubbing her back as she continued crying.