Chapter 29

Ayo

We were all having Biology class, which was the last subject for the day. I wish I could just get out of there. It's not like the class was boring, I just wasn't in the mood.

A man stood in front of the door, examining the class for something or someone. He looked like he was in his early twenties. He had chocolate skin which looked so clear like a model's,  his hair cut low and was dressed in a baggy yellow t-shirt which was tucked into black trousers and slides.

The man went up to the teacher after a few minutes of searching the classroom. He passed a message into our teacher's ears which got  everyone's attention.

After passing the message, the two adults faced the class.

Mrs. Adejare cleared her throat and announced. "Omolara and Ayomide, you are asked to leave with this man."

I looked very puzzled, I stared at Lara who looked like she was expecting him. I looked at the stranger I was to go with.

With a little hesitation and glances from my classmates I followed him. Tolu stared at me, thinking I had told the police about Folu's illegal behaviour. I shook my head assuring her that I had not told the police.

Lara and I left the classroom and followed the man outside.

"Wait." I said, stopping the both on their tracks.

"Who are you and were are you going?" I asked both of them, cause I didn't want to follow some random, cute stranger.

"We are going to see Sola. In the hospital" The man answered my question. I froze on the spot, is he dead? I shook off the negative thought.

"And as for who I am,I'll tell you in the car." I nodded my head and got into the blue Toyota Corolla silently.

*****

We arrived at the hospital and my heart broke into a thousand pieces knowing spent most of his teenage years visiting this place.

Apparently the man is Sola's cousin Dotun, he is the new guidance counselor's twin brother but they don't look alike.

We got to the front desk and Dotun did and said a couple of things. It was visiting day so we could see him.

We got into the elevator and I just sighed, I was nervous actually. I haven't seen Sola since Friday when he snapped at me and he being able to open up to me was amazing.

"Chill out girl." Lara held my hand, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"You knew?" I asked her, remembering how she looked normal during the drive here.

"Yeah,let's just say I'm very secretive when it comes to things like this." She started her habit of staring at her well manicured nails.

I just stared at her dumbfounded. I haven't told her about reading Sola's journal but I think she knew about that. Okay, I think I'm getting a bit jealous here.

"We have a lot of catching up to do." I stated to her.

"Yup, we do." She smiled at me. As secretive as she is, she sure loves a good talk. I laughed in my mind but smiled back at her.

The elevator made the 'ding' sound, indicating we had arrived at our destination.

I looked around the floor we were in. It was spotless, making me feel quite uncomfortable in the shoes I was in. We followed Dotun's footsteps until we got to a room labelled number 4. Sola's room.

I was about to open the door but stopped when I felt Lara and Dotun staring at me.

"Aren't we going in?" I asked both of them.