Chapter 20

Chapter 20

Loey

My eyes landed on the girl who just went inside my car. She looks refreshed after traveling for two months.

"I'm sorry, but I'm married," I laughed when she suddenly pulled me closer to her—giving me a tight hug.

Damn, wala talaga siyang ipinagbago.

"What? Can't you give me a hug kasi may asawa ka na?" tanong niya nang kumalas na siya sa yakap. "I'm the first girl in your life!"

"No. Mom's the first."

She snorted, "Yeah, and you haven't introduced your wife to her. She's trying to understand your situation but she's still a mother who wanted to meet her daughter-in-law."

I could already hear my mom's sermon through this girl beside me. Like mother, like daughter indeed.

"Come on, Ate Clarity. You'll meet her soon, okay?" I said, starting the engine.

She just giggled. I got my positive attitude from her, my older sister, Clarity Parker.

Maybe because there's just the two of us, that's why we're close to each other. Besides, you can really see our resemblance with our eyes and skin tone, and of course, our personality. We both hate a gloomy atmosphere, so we would just try to stay positive and jolly as much as possible.

"How's your travel?" I asked while driving.

"Super fun and relaxing!" she squealed. "This is what I love with my job. I got to travel a lot and have all the fun!"

The corner of my lips rose as I listened to her adventures, and how she was fascinated with the place she visited. I'm really happy that she's doing what she loves to do, which is travelling. She's a travel blogger, a well-known one, actually. My fans love her, and hers love me the same.

Nagkwento lang siya nang nagkwento hanggang makarating kami sa condo niya. I helped her with her things.

"Ayaw mo na ba talagang pumasok at mag-stay muna rito kasama 'ko?" tanong niya nang inakyat ko lang ang dala niyang maleta.

"We have a schedule later, Ate Clarity," I answered.

She pouted immediately, "Sometimes, I regretted that we let you audition and be an idol. Wala ka na gaanong time para sa amin. Tapos ngayon, may asawa ka na rin pero hindi mo man lang magawang ipakilala, lalo na hindi normal ang pagpapakasal niyo!"

Ngumisi ako sa kanya. I may be like a giant person to others, but my family still treated me like a baby— their precious one.

"I told you, I'll let you meet her soon. When everything's settled and when I'm sure about it."

She frowned. Confusion was written all over her face, like there's something I said she couldn't understand. I just shrugged and kissed her on her cheeks before walking towards the elevator.

"You should bring your wife sometimes! Lalo na kapag kasama ko rin ang asawa ko," sigaw niya.

I know that they're worried about me. I could sense it even though they tried not to show it. My mom would always send me a message, asking how's my day and if I'm okay with my new life now that I'm with Primrose.

"Finally! Kasabay ka na namin," sabi ko habang tinitingnan ang mga gown para kay Primrose.

Busy sila ni Ate Alice mamili ng susuotin ni Primrose. Ewan ko ba bakit laging kung kailan iyong event ay doon lang siya hahanap ng susuotin. Lahat kami ay nasa sala, pinapanuod ang dalawang mamili.