4. | The Masquerade Ball

Third Person P.O.V
__

      The elegance of the whole mansion couldn't deny the wealth of Anthony. He had invited a few of his friends over for a gathering. A masquerade ball. Those few people ended up being 417 people, plus those who invited their friends. Approximately somewhere around 500 people.

      Leorio had been invited specifically by Anthony. Of course, he couldn't miss out on such an opportunity. Anthony had his own theater, his own game room to share with his beloved wife, Eleanor. Sometimes known as Melissa.

      Leorio had been fumbling through his closet for hours. He couldn't decide what to wear. Whatever he had in his closet, was either below 40 dollars, or too distasteful for the rich type. He groaned, rubbing the back of his neck.

      He stared at a suit Anthony had given him. It was one of the most expensive pieces in his closet. The whole matching outfit for the coat of 900 dollars.

Leorio didn't spend a single penny on the piece of clothing. Anthony had given him the suit as a gift.

He thought how pathetic he would seem to the other guests. However, no one else knew Anthony had given him such an expensive suit.

      Leorio stroked his chin, beginning to realize where his thought was going. "Even if Anthony notices, there'll be 400 people there... People I don't even know... Hm, yeah..? And I'll be wearing a mask..."

      Leorio snapped his fingers in unison.
"Haha! That's it! I shouldn't be worrying about clothing, besides I'm already handsome, what's there to hide?" he cried, shaking his head in disappointment. "Hmph, I can go naked if I wanted to..." he mumbled before undressing.

      Leorio had picked out a white bowtie to match with the navy blue tux. It looked black, but there slight was a tint of blue that was visible under light. It had a few minor details in the color green. "Hm, that should do it" the male spoke, checking himself out in the mirror.

      It looked quite plain, considering this was going to be some sort of 'dress up' party. He decided to add a few feathers in the pocket, and a metal pin he found lying around.

      Nearly one hour before the party starts. Leorio didn't mind frolicking around but he'd rather arrive a bit later. So no one would notice him right away.

      A drink in one hand, and loneliness in the other; he was alone. No big surprise, he just figured he would be by someone. He twirled his glass around between his fingers, already bored. He probably could start a conversation with Anthony, but you'd have to receive some sort of invitation first. So he waited.

And he waited, till he decided to get some fresh air outside.

He thought of telling Anthony he'd be outside; but not like he cared, he was with his friends. A much more important class than him.

      He walked along the paved ground, leaning against one of the pillars. He drank the last bit of wine before noticing a small figure in the back. He didn't think much of it, besides there was already more than 300 people, not like that one person mattered much.

      The woman approached Leorio, giving him a forced smile which he found odd. "You looking for something?" he asked. The woman shook her head, "No, um... I- I was just arriving" she muttered. Leorio gave her a nod before staring back into the dark sky.

      Funny how there were no stars, all because of the city lights and pollution. It certainly was a problem. He sighed, and decided not to think about the big situation.