Let's talk Best Friend

The next morning, Lily woke up to an alarm and a tray of breakfast on top of her dresser. She panned her room and tilted her head. "Daniel?"

She realized he wasn't there and noticed a note on the tray. She picked it up and read it. It was from Daniel and he told her that his father needed him. He apologized for not being there when she woke up so he cooked her breakfast to make up for it.

Lily sighed and put the note down. How can I be mad when he does things like this. She picked up the tray and placed it on her lap. Daniel cooked a bacon and cheese bread omelette with a side of strawberry cream cheese pastries.

Lily took a bite of the bread omelette. It's good. While eating, Lily couldn't stop thinking about how she almost did it with Daniel. She was nervous but was ready. Maybe it was fate that they should take it slow.

Her phone started to ring and it was Yola. She wiped her hand before answering.

"Hey Yola," Lily put her phone on speaker while she continued to eat.

"How's everything?" Yola asked.

Flashbacks of Daniel went through her head. "You know just the same as always. I'm sorry that I didn't call you when I got home the other day. I was really drunk."

"Sounds like a good time," Yola chuckled.

"Yeah, I had to pay the price of having a huge hangover. Thankfully Daniel was here to take care of me."

"That is so cute. He's such a sweet guy."

"I know. I can't believe we almost had sex," Lily quickly realized what she just said.

"You what!" Yola shouted.

"I—yeah. It was nerve racking. My heart was pounding so fast."

"Why didn't you do it? You weren't ready? Too nervous maybe?"

Lily sighed. "I was nervous but I was definitely ready. It's just that I can't have sex before I'm married."

"Wow I knew your parents were traditional but not that traditional. But how would they know that you are a virgin or not? You know, not every girl bleeds after their first time," Yola said.

"Really? I didn't know that," Lily said biting into a pastry.

"Yup so they wouldn't even know if you ever did it or not. Staying on the topic of Daniel. When are you going to tell him about who you are?"

Lily started to think about her father's outburst when her grandmother came down to hell. And how her mother banned all angels except the rippers from coming to Hell. She worried about how her parents would react if she told them that she's dating an angel. She's even more scared to tell Daniel that she's the daughter of the devil.

She shook her head. "Sorry, I don't know when it's a good time to tell him. I'm scared that he'll hate me."

"Tristan was understandable about it. Why do you think Daniel wouldn't?"

"Tristan is a fairy, a dark fairy to be exact. Dark fairies use dark magic and are close to demons. So of course Tristan was okay with me being the devil's daughter. But Daniel is an Angel who serves my grandfather."

"I completely forgot that your grandfather is the big man upstairs."

"Yeah and I'm not just afraid of Daniel's reaction but what Heaven would do to him if they ever find out."

"What do you mean?" Yola asked.

"My mother and his father were once lovers and when Heaven found out they threatened to strip his father's powers and status. I don't want that to happen to Daniel."

"So don't let it. Both of you are strong but you do have to tell him sooner than later. It's only right, don't be scared because that boy is crazy about you. When he knew that you was a demon, he didn't care. He probably will be surprised that you're Lucifer's daughter but he'll still love you."

"You're probably right but I just have to think about it."

"That's understandable."

After finishing her food Lily levitated her phone while cleaning her plate and tray. "Enough about me, are you getting used to California yet?"

"I don't know, it's so different from New York. Especially when I'm going to a human school. I haven't been to one since middle school so it feels a little weird," Yola said. "But I did get a job at a Club Bunny here in Los Angeles."

"That's great, how does it look? Is it smaller than the one here?" Lily asked.

"It's huge! It has three floors. The first is a candy store, the second is the dining area; where the day staff usually works and the third is the VIP, it's only open at night and that's where all the celebrities go. I'm considered a day bunny because of my age so I don't wear the bunny girl outfit anymore."

"What do you wear then?"

"It's like a retro diner dress with bunny ears. I'll send you a picture of me wearing it," Yola sent a picture of herself in uniform in the locker room.

When Lily got the picture she smiled. "You look so cute."

Yola chuckled. "Thanks but did you think about working at Club Bunny? The boss really likes you and Daniel."

"I did and I spoke to Daniel about it and we both decided to apply when school ends," Lily said, ginning.

Yola squealed. "Now that's a good start for your first summer in the mortal realm. By the way what do you usually do during the summer in Hell?"

"Um, mostly royal tours, schooling and playing with my ladies. Nothing really different from what I do on a daily basis when I'm home."

"Well, now you're going to live it up this summer and—-"

Yola suddenly stopped talking. "What the hell?"

"Is everything okay? Are you alright?"

"It's the sky, it suddenly became dark. Look outside your window."

Lily stood up from her bed and looked outside and saw the sky was normal. "It's not dark over here." She then squinted. Are those birds? From a far distance she saw a tornado of birds.

"Oh my God! It's raining frogs!" Yola yelled.

"What!"

Dark clouds started to form and it started to rain blood and the temperature lowered. Lily's windows started to freeze. What is going on?

"Yola did the temperature go down on your end?" Lily asked.

"The temperature didn't go down, it actually went up. Damn it's hot, I'm about to take off my shirt—"

Lily heard Yola screamed and her phone hung up. Her eyes widened. "Yola! Hello! Yola!" She looked at her phone.

"Your Royal Highness, your presence is wanted," Valak said as he suddenly appeared.

"Why? What's going on?"

"The Prince is coming."

Lily's eyes widened. "My mother is in labor?"