Chapter 10

"I don't know who these five are." the words hung in the air for a while.

Tears formed in the quintuplets eyes. 

"Oi, Fuutarou-kun, you're joking right?" Ichika said, her voice a little shaky.

"I'm sorry," Fuutarou said with an apologetic look. "Am I supposed to know who you are?"

At that moment Yotsuba ran out of the room.

"Yotsuba!" Itsuki called. "Yotsuba!" she didn't care, she ran. She ran down the hall, took the stairs down, and ran outside. 

Where was she running? She had no clue. But she had to get out of there. She couldn't bear to think of it anymore. The boy she loved, not being able to remember her. 

She ran, farther and farther. Until she arrived at a park.

With tears in her eyes she hopped on the swing and started swinging. Faster and faster, higher and higher, it almost seemed as though the swing was going to do a full 360.

She didn't stop, she couldn't stop. How could she when someone extremely important to her couldn't even remember her name?

She let out a frustrated groan. Why did it have to be like this? It seemed like her whole life was already written out. Like she never had control over anything she did. 

At first she thought that her sisters were controlling her. All her life she was being constantly dragged around by her older sisters. She believed that she was just one of them. Another quintuplet out of the five.

Until she met him. 

That fated day in Kyoto. Where she met a certain trouble maker. She just had explained to the officer that Fuutarou was innocent. 

Even after all she did for him, he still ignored her. Yotsuba hadn't given up, she was determined to befriend the trouble maker. No matter what.

Moment after moment, she followed the lone wolf, until finally he gave in. They started talking, about each other's lives. They soon got to the topic of studying. 

"My mom's sick," she told him, "So I want to work hard so that one day I'll be able to do everything I can to help her!" 

The boy was awestruck at the girl next to him. "You do it for your mom and I'll do it for my sister!" 

They made a promise with each other. That they were going to work hard and turn their lives around! Both of them were poor, but they could do something about it!

When Yotsuba went home she studied hard every night. Giving up things that she enjoyed a lot. Her video games, sports, anything that she liked to do was thrown out the window so she could study.

She studied hard, but only to be shown up by her sisters once again. She wasn't able to succeed. She told herself to keep trying, but in the end she gave up. 

Then she started to do things she thought were more important. She participated in the sports teams. Won championships and dedicated her time to winning all the time that she forgot one thing.

Her grades. 

It got to the point where she wouldn't move on to the next grade if she didn't pick up her grades. She would have to transfer schools if she didn't pass.

However, it never improved. And unfortunately for her, she was forced to either repeat her first year or transfer to another school.

Her siblings though, did not want to let her go alone.

"Wherever Yotsuba goes, we go." is what they said.

But Yotsuba couldn't fight off the guilt. It turned out okay in the end. They met Fuutarou again, fell in love, and boom happily ever after. 

Except now, the boy she loves, doesn't even know her name. Tears filled her eyes once again when she felt a tap on her shoulder.

It was Ichika. "Come on, let's go home." She smiled sadly making Yotsuba want to cry even more.

"I-Ichika, is this real?" Yotsuba stuttered.

Ichika sighed. "We're all hurting right now, but what would Fuutarou-kun want?" 

Yotsuba looked at her sister, the caring look that she'd been giving her all her life. Yep, Ichika was definitely the older sister. Always looking out for her siblings.

Ichika gave another smile. "It's not like he's dead or anything." she grinned, "And you heard what dad said, there's a chance we can trigger his memories again."

They started to walk home, both feeling a bit better after knowing there's a solution. There's always a solution to your problems, but it can either be good or bad.

In Yotsuba's case, she hoped that it was good...

First of all I would like to say sorry to all of you who have been waiting for a while for this chapter. So thank you all so much for sticking with me! 

I hope you all liked it and I'll see you all in the next chapter!