Chapter 40

(y/n)'s POV

As I walked off the stage I noticed how Noah was now making his way to the center. Strange, did he have a song? And if so why didn't he say anything? Oh yeah, we aren't on talking terms, right.

"Hey everyone!" Noah said waving to the crowd. "Hope you liked our opening song! We're just getting started! But first, I have a little something of my own. I have these feelings for someone that I've never been able to express, well until now that is. Hehe, um, *clears throat awkwardly* so without further adieu..."

I frown as I wonder what Noah could possibly be singing, and for whom to be more specific. As I tried to think I noticed the lights begin to dim and the crowd went completely silent. "Go Noah," I whisper to no one in particular, just to myself, cause I know he can make them cheer.

Play song (I'm literally too lazy to correct the capitalization and shit so enjoy like this)

"High dive into frozen waves

Where the past comes back to life
Fight fear for the selfish pain
And it's worth it every time
Hold still right before we crash
'Cause we both know how this ends
Our clock ticks till it breaks your glass
And I drown in you again"

He sucked in a deep breath, a bead of sweat dripping visibly from the side of his face. I notice in the crowd papi smiling and giving Noah a thumbs up which warmed my heart. This seemed to give him the confidence he needed, he smiled and his voice grew stronger.

"'Cause you are the piece of me

I wish I didn't need
Chasing relentlessly
Still fight and I don't know why
If our love is tragedy why are you my remedy

If our love's insanity why are you my clarity."

A choir of voices walked out from behind the curtain humming along to his tune. I was frozen in my spot, what? How? Oh my gosh his voice...IT'S A FREAKING MELODY! Was he always this good? Why am I melting? I couldn't pull my eyes away from him.

"Walk on through a red parade and refuse to make amends, it cuts deep through our ground and makes us forget all command sense.

Don't speak as I try to leave 'cause we both know what we'll choose

If you pull, then I'll push too deep and I'll fall right back to you."

He looked to me, he smirked and turned just so, staring deeply into my eyes making my breath catch. 

"Cause you are the piece of me I wish I didn't need
chasing relentlessly still fighting and I don't know why.
If our love is tragedy why are you my remedy?

If our love's insanity, why are you my clarity?"

I shook my head trying to clear my mind, this was for someone else, he just needed my support. This song wasn't for me, surely it was for someone more important to him. Right?

"Why are you my clarity?"

"What does clarity even mean?" A voice from behind scared me making me jump. 

"Why are you my clarity?" 

I turned to see Alec typing on his phone, he rubbed his chin. "Says here clarity means the quality of being coherent and intelligible, an example is for the sake of clarity, each of these strategies is dealt with separately." I sigh, "try again Alec." "The quality of transparency or purity?" I go to say something but bite my lip, "ya know what I don't really know."

"If our love is tragedy why are you my remedy?

If our love's insanity why are you my clarity?

Ooooooooooooo ahhhhhhh."

I smile at Noah in a supportive manner, what a dork. Whoever the lucky girl was will be thrilled! The crowd began to cheer for Noah, louder than any of the other performances. It was clear we had this in the bag, all because of Noah Mackley. 

He was a brilliant guy after all, Noah began walking backstage toward me and I waved happily. "Noah that was great! When did you get so good?" He shrugged, "I've been practicing. But enough about me, what about you. YOU WERE FANTASTIC!" I smile widely, "you think!? Because of the 3 of us, we totally crushed the competition!" 

Noah's face fell, just a tad. "Yeah, 3." "So who was the song for?" I asked curiously leaning in wanting to know the tea. "Hmm?" HE asked confused, seemingly nervous again. "Come on! I'm your best friend, who's the girl? What's the tea sis?" 

"It's uhh...well..." Noah began to tug on his collar for air. I looked at his nervous behavior. "Is now not a good time? I know the rest of the group is about to perform so we can totally wait till after..." "NO! I mean no no it's fine...hehe here's the thing, the song was forrrrrrrr....." 

I cocked my head, "for who Noah? Come on you don't need to be scared, I don't bite." "It's um uh...I like y...yo.....GUYS Yuppers, I totally like guys. Total gay mhm, I'm super into their......cocks...hehe." Noah tried to smile, my eyes widened. "Oh Noah did you think I was going to judge you for being gay? No, of course not silly! I will always love you for who you are, you've always got my support buddy."

"Hehe...buddy." Noah said through his teeth. 

a few moments later...

"WE WON! OMG WE REALLY WON!" I screamed jumping up and down excitedly. I squeezed Alec beside me who was blushing like crazy. Noah looked a bit...annoyed...so I pulled him in too. "Let's celebrate at my house!" I say grabbing both the boys hands and tugging them towards my family. 

They were already standing and ready to greet us, papi lifted me off the ground and swung me in a circle. "THAT'S MY GIRL! YOU KILLED IT!" He set me down and gave Noah finger guns, "and Noah my man! Nice song kid," he ruffled Noah's perfectly done hair making him grumble a bit in protest. 

"But you," papi leaned close to Alec making him swallow hard. "I'm keeping a close eye on you." "Hehe, duly noted." "CELEBRATION TIME!" Becky and Matt screamed making the whole auditorium look our way. "Let's go!" I shout pumping my fists into the air. Noah held out his arm in a gentleman like manner, "let's." I eagerly link arms with him and together, finally whole again, walked out of the school. 

_________________________________________-

FINALLY DONE WITH THE CHAPTER GEEZ!!!