n i n e

"Bloody hell! I never gave you a ring and I never will!"

The next few days not much happened. Y/n and Draco occasionally saw each other in the hallways. They would ignore each other.

It was a waiting game for who would make the next move. Neither of them wanted to do it. Both were so high strung, they didn't want to give in to make the first move or next step.

Draco would give occasional smiles to Y/n in class and she would do the same. But none of that showed how bad they wanted to be with each other.

"Y/n!" She jolts. "How are things with you and Draco?" Cedric asks.

"It's nothing. There's nothing" Y/n avoids the question. Y/n didn't want to tell anyone about them and it seems to y/n Draco doesn't want to either.  (yes ik cedric is dead but he isn't in this story lol)

"Ok class everyone please turn to page 399."

__________

Walking out of class Draco stands at the door. Y/n lightly brushes against him causing him to close his eyes and take a breath. He could smell her pumpkin perfume. 

"Y/n!" Ron waves over Y/n. "You look tired. no sleep?" Hermione asks. "Yeah something like that." Y/n answers.

Draco needed to get that ring back somehow. He went to Pansy after class. "I need that ring back, Pansy." He stomps at her. "But why babe, you gave it to me." Pansy hisses back. Draco signs in frustration. 

"Bloody hell! I never gave you a ring and I never will!" Draco spats and walks away. Later that night, he decided to go look for it. He walks into the girls dormitories, specifically Pansy and Y/n's room.

He walks into the dimly lit room. Y/n was sleeping there peacefully. Her eyes are lightly shut and her arms wrapped around a stuffed animal. Draco scoffs and thinks about how he wants to be that stuffed animal. 

He pulls Y/n's hair under her ear to reveal her perfect side profile. Draco smiles. He quietly walks over to the jewelry box. The beautiful green ring was sitting there.It was shining into his eyes. He picks it up and leaves. He has one more glance at Y/n before he shuts off the light completely. 

________

The next morning Y/n goes out to breakfast with the golden trio. 

She grabs her herbology book and leaves her room

She grabs her herbology book and leaves her room. She passes Pansy frantically searching around the room for something. 

"I had it." "It was here just last night." Her hair was a mess and the mascara under her eyes showed how crazy she looked.

Y/n paid no attention to it. She just over reacting. Y/n thought. 

She sat down next to Hermione, across from Harry and diagonal to Ron. 

"We order you your coffee. Pumpkin spice?" Harry spoke. "Thats correct" Y/n put her books on the table. "Herbology! Please don't tell me we had homework." Ron took the book from the table. 

"No, I just need the extra practice." "Thank god."

Harry helps Y/n with the practice. The four finish eating and pay for the check. "I'll see you guys later!" They all hug goodbye and go in separate ways. 

As Y/n was walking down the crowded hallway, she felt a tug on her jacket sleeve. She was pulled into an old closet. There he was.

The door slams behind her. "Lumos" Her wand creates light to see Draco. His slate grey eyes double in size when he sees y/n's face.