four.

jimin

this kid was a lot different than i thought.

he was sensitive and kind, i could see that in the way he looks at people. a warm pool in his eyes. he wasn't one to pry, if he wanted to ask questions, he would make sure i was alright with it. and for one thing, he was passionate. incredibly passionate that it would crush me with guilt if i ever said no to him.

but of course, there were still times that he acted like a kid.

too young, i hissed. too immature.

now that i was alone and without his company, i felt a little at peace— not that i had a terrible time earlier —but because i always preferred to be alone.

would i keep him around? play around a little while? keep myself entertained? or would i get bored and throw him away like the others? so much questions, but all the possible outcomes were blurry.

his number was saved in my phone, i could remember the way his smile grew bigger as i typed his name in. it was... cute.

jeon jungkook
(193) 2937 182
stranger

i stared. maybe it wouldn't be horrible to grow close to him, but a little bit less than a friend.

the phone in my head started to vibrate, and when his name showed up, i heard my heart slow to a stop.

he was calling? now? he probably barely even got a few blocks away from the house.

this is dangerous, i reminded myself while i pressed the green button.

"hey."

"oh! hi! i didn't think you would pick up."

i smiled subconsciously. "what is it kid?"

"don't call me kid! i'm sure i'm not that much younger than you. how old are you anyway?"

you could hear the hesitation in his voice when he asked. always so fascinating. "i'm twenty-five. three years older than you, and even though we're in europe, i expect respect."

there were shuffling sounds over the phone. "yes! of course i will! um— anyway, i just called to see if you actually gave me the right number. didn't want to risk calling a celebrity by accident."

we laughed in sync, and my hands were starting to feel cold despite the heavy cardigan i wore. "i wanted to ask that, by the way, are you a celebrity? maybe a trainee filming here?"

so he thought i was that attractive? "no, kid. just a normal person. would you pass out if i told you yes?"

silence, then some rough noises. "...probably. i was told i faint easily."

"didn't expect that out of ya, kid. you looked like you barely fear anything."

"except microwaves. you never know if you're going to have a delicious hot meal or a blown house."

i could hear his shallow breathing, as sure as i am that he could hear mine too. for a while, it was like that. not awkward or uncomfortable silence, but appreciative. like we revolved around this phone call.

"so, unless you're a vampire of some sort— you know that i actually need to eat. so call me again soon, or maybe tomorrow if you prefer."

he was silent for a long time, almost made me wonder if he passed out on the road or not.

"are you coming to the café tomorrow?"

if it wasn't for the assertive tone in his voice, it would have sounded like he was pleading. begging to see me again.

i breathed in and barely thought about my answer.

"of course kid."