one.

jungkook

today was average, the usual. customers coming in and out, ordering coffee and their sweet snacks to accompany. as much as i wanted to do the same and run away from the counter, i had a rent to pay. and i sure as hell can't look for money from my parents.

i could hear someone going through the straws beside me. "they always bring our stocks and forget the receipt, how am i supposed to know how much i've subtracted from the income?" seokjin was grumbling behind me.

i laughed slyly and served the next customer. the weather was starting to warm up and the a/c just so happens to oh so breakdown amidst the hot summertime. real convenient.

i wiped the sweat off my forehead and tucked the cash away. "when are you going to have that fixed? everyone's going to suffocate in this heat."

he ignored my question and pretended to list down the missing stocks. annoyed as i am, it was not worth risking my job.

the bell rang again, it's been the seventy-forth time that's happened. "welcome to café goyo? what's your order for today?"

i could smell the strong scent of roses and a fruity shampoo i must've taken a sniff of once in a mall.

and there stood a beautiful man, his hair curved prettily behind his ear, long but not too much that it looked messy. his lips were plump but even, and his eyes wore a chocolate brown ensemble. he wore a brown cardigan that made him look small and fragile. he looked very brittle, but not enough that you could break him.

"can i have the new americano you guys have?" and of course, his voice— light as a feather.

if it hadn't been for seokjin elbowing me in the knees, i would have stood there looking at him much longer.

"oh, yes! the americano. $9.45 please."

his hands were small. it made me realise that i kept noticing small details about him.

like how he had a small lisp, like how he occasionally raked a hand through his blonde hair. or how he blinked furiously when he felt awkward giving me his payment.

"beautiful," i muttered under my breath. for a second i thought he heard it when he suddenly smiled, but then he was looking down on his book.

he likes to read, a voice in my head whispered.

i swallowed thickly. "please take a seat and wait, would you like some donuts or any sweet to go with your drink?"

he closed what he was reading and shook his head. he took his buzzer and sat down the farthest from the crowd.

i couldn't help but stare.

"what are you gawking at? back to work you mutt!" a small slap behind my head brought me back to earth then.

seokjin was making the pretty customer's order. i never thought i'd been attracted to the same sex 'till now. but then— who wouldn't be? i wouldn't be surprised if he was famous or a model. he looked like it.

"hey, do you think i could give the drink to him?"

seokjin's stare lingered around the café. "to who?"

"that man sitting by the corner, could i just give it to him?" i stared at him with my goo-goo eyes. (which didn't work because he was too busy looking for said customer.)

he scowled. "do what you want, but hurry."

he gave me the drink and as quickly and carefully as my buff body can manage, i went to his small table.

"one americano. is that all?"

he looked up from reading the same book earlier and shook his head. "it's funny, i never though i would see koreans here. not in this part of europe."

"y-you're korean?" i mumbled through words. he nodded and took a sip of his drink.

hurry up, i could almost feel seokjin's piercing glare through my head.

he didn't look korean, at first i thought he was japanese. at that moment, i wondered if it would be out of line to ask for his number.

instead, i went back behind the counter and stood besides seokjin, ignoring the burn in my cheeks.